Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

kissing smokers (as a non-smoker) watch

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty gross, but still worth doing. They do taste kind of bad.

amirite?

I have never kissed a smoker. :puke:

I prefer kissing non-smokers.

ReputationRep:
    Provided it's not right after they've smoked a cigarette, it's not that bad. Although I was very drunk at the time, and it's (sadly) not a regular thing.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me, I barely notice (when I have done).

ReputationRep:
    I've done this a couple of time and for me it's the worst turn off ever. Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a thing with a smoker but he had pretty bad hygiene in general so I never knew how bad it was...

ReputationRep:
    Turn off.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it provided it's not immediately after they've just lit up.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it that much, but if they've only just stopped smoking that minute it can taste a bit strong.

ReputationRep:
    High horse alert.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the smell of cigarettes as it reminds me of my Grandad (in particular it reminds of how/why he died) so I can't even be around smokers easily, let alone kiss one!

That really makes like awkward at times..

ReputationRep:
    it's a huge turn off to me. i hate smoking and i wouldn't be able to date someone who smoked. i have kissed a few smokers before and it's not THAT bad but not that pleasant either.

ReputationRep:
    My bf used to smoke and it was horrible! I got used to it after a while and now that he has given up and only has the odd one now and then its a lot better

ReputationRep:
    that's weird, my current beau smokes and i never taste anything. I have kissed him straight after a fag and there was a very slight bitter taste but otherwise if you like the person enough the taste of it will just turn you on because, like all little things about them, it's tainted with remembered lust.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend doesn't smoke, but he does "skruff" (this thing you put under your lip... it's the same stuff as they put into smokes more or less- very normal in Norway)... it's disgusting if he tries kissing me right after, but if he has a good drink (as in water or some Cola) I don't taste it at all. *shrug*

I'm pretty used to smoking / skruff in general (my mum + dad smokes, + some of my grandparents... and pretty much everyone uses skruff in school here... including my older sister)... so I suppose that clouds my judgement a little. He's very considerate about it, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    It's pretty gross, but still worth doing. They do taste kind of bad.

amirite?
    offer a mint before. or chew gum during it

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really bother me that much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    offer a mint before. or chew gum during it
    It doesn't work, it's an attempt at masking the taste which I do tend to appreciate but it doesn't do much at all.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty gross to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skycat)
    It doesn't work, it's an attempt at masking the taste which I do tend to appreciate but it doesn't do much at all.
    does it not? i didn't know that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.