Turn on thread page Beta

kissing smokers (as a non-smoker) watch

ReputationRep:
    I had one girlfriend who was a smoker and I hated the smell, even though she was really fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    it's a huge turn off to me. i hate smoking and i wouldn't be able to date someone who smoked. i have kissed a few smokers before and it's not THAT bad but not that pleasant either.
    How shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    It's pretty gross, but still worth doing. They do taste kind of bad.

amirite?
    Very true. But is it worth it? Hmm maybe.
    It's not something I enjoy that's for sure, which surely defeats the whole point of kissing someone?

ReputationRep:
    I have only kissed one smoker.. Wasn't too bad but he hadn't smoked very recently prior to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    My bf used to smoke and it was horrible! I got used to it after a while and now that he has given up and only has the odd one now and then its a lot better

? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    does it not? i didn't know that
    Not really, no. Gf's been smoking for years and although it's a lot better when she doesn't smoke for a full day or two the taste still lingers compared to a non smoker. The mint just adds another flavour on top of the tobacco, it doesn't remove it (nor does brushing your teeth or similar), it might help a bit though.
    Basically, non-smokers will always taste nicer than smokers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    How shallow.
    actually it's not shallow at all. i'm not going date someone who does something that i'm so against. it's like i wouldn't date someone who took drugs or someone who drank really excessively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_1_2_1)
    ? :p:
    Haha he used to smoke loads a day but then he quit. The only time he smokes now is if he is really drunk which very rarely happens cos he hardly drinks and even then he doesnt always smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    High horse alert.
    Not in any way, shape or form do i think OP is on a high horse. I agree, the stench can be terrifyingly disgusting. Yet, i am an equal to a smoker, as a non smoker.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind either way I've never been bothered about the taste, though I don't smoke myself, so it's up to them what they want to do. That said, I think it makes sense if you don't want to date a smoker, because if you don't like the taste of someone, you're not going to enjoy kissing them, and then they'll just be a pretty awful date.

ReputationRep:
    Depending what brand they smoke I actually quite like it. Also, not straight after a smoke.

ReputationRep:
    I've only kissed one smoker and it was right after he'd had a fag - my mouth/tongue was literally burning!

Not a mistake I will make again. :no:

ReputationRep:
    actually it's not shallow at all. i'm not going date someone who does something that i'm so against. it's like i wouldn't date someone who took drugs or someone who drank really excessively.
    In my opinion it is shallow.

ReputationRep:
    I've kissed smokers and as long as it's not straight after I don't really notice anything when I kiss them. But once this boy kept going for a smoke and coming back and kissing me, then going for another one and coming back and eventually I literally ended up feeling sick because of the smokey taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    In my opinion it is shallow.
    care to explain why?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skycat)
    Not really, no. Gf's been smoking for years and although it's a lot better when she doesn't smoke for a full day or two the taste still lingers compared to a non smoker. The mint just adds another flavour on top of the tobacco, it doesn't remove it (nor does brushing your teeth or similar), it might help a bit though.
    Basically, non-smokers will always taste nicer than smokers.
    i never liked smokers to begin with anyway

ReputationRep:
    care to explain why?..
    Because it isnt a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    High horse alert.
    :ditto:

Don't kiss smokers then. And if you think it tastes nasty, don't do it in the first place rather than doing it then complaining. :rolleyes:

It's nice having smoke blown into your mouth while you're kissing someone... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Not in any way, shape or form do i think OP is on a high horse. I agree, the stench can be terrifyingly disgusting. Yet, i am an equal to a smoker, as a non smoker.
    Near enough everyone that has posted on this thread seems to be some form of anti-smoker :P:
    The "holier than thou" self righteous bs I see so often on here seems to be growing. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Did it once and it was NAASSSTTTYYYY.

Never again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.