Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Sooo at the freshers fayre some people were doing a health monitering thing for some study. Previously I didn't really know how much I weighed (no scales) or how healthy I am.

Height - 167cm
    Weight - 68.2kg
    BMI - 24.5
    Fat percentage - 29.7 %
    Muscle mass- 45.5kg
    BMR - 1508kcal
    Visceral fat rating - 2 (is this low or high? No idea )

Is my body fat percentage too high? Different websites give different recommendations, although on the sheet I have it says 17-30.9% is ok but I seem a bit close to that! And visceral fat rating means nothing to me, so is my level ok?
    Are you happy with how you look? If you are then I wouldn't worry and if not then you could try and lose some but it's up to you. I don't think the figures suggest you do personally as everything is pretty much in the normal range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    Yes. I'm a guy, 5'11, and weigh less than you.
    Get more muscle on you then. Nothing to brag about.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think statistic stuff is really weird, I'm 20% body fat and apparently this is too low? There is no WAY I'm too underfat, thats just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    weighing nearly 11st at your height is never a good thing

ReputationRep:
    Your weight sounds like it's in a healthy range, but if you want to tone up, start strength training and cut out simple carbs (such as sugar and refined flour.) Your weight may not change drastically but muscle is more compact than fat so you'll look/feel better. Don't focus on the number on the scale.best education|what the best

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.