Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theres someone im interested in, everything was going well until she asked me my age, and then when I replied it appeared that I am the same age as her lil’ brother (shes 2 years my senior) so because of this, shes now feeling weird about the prospect of us moving further in our relationship. I can understand why shes feeling weird, but I don’t really see why it should be the reason we don’t date anymore. Anyways, so I’m trying to show her that me being the same age as her brother shouldn’t be a reason to not go out..
    How can I portray this to her? How can I make her stop feeling weird?

Hello??

ReputationRep:
    Do not ever compare yourself to her brother.

How old are you? Maybe give it time and it will be a phase that she'll get over. In the meantime don't act like her brother.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't THAT bad, if you are 18 and she is 20 then I don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Draw a beard on your face. Then you'll look older than her brother and she won't compare you.

(Original post by thetopnotch)
    How old are you? Maybe give it time and it will be a phase that she'll get over. In the meantime don't act like her brother.

Might be a little hard cus' I dont know her brother :P

Im 21 shes 23..I think her being older than me also doesnt help...
    but I dont get why girls make such a big deal about things like this.
    Its not like I have control over my age :/

(Original post by Anonymous)

Might be a little hard cus' I dont know her brother :P

Im 21 shes 23..I think her being older than me also doesnt help...
    but I dont get why girls make such a big deal about things like this.
    Its not like I have control over my age :/
    Exactly, just give it time and hopefully she'll see past it :yy:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.