Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

masters in France? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I already posted this in the International Study section as well but have a feeling more people might see it here -

Hi! I'm graduating next year from Oxford with a degree in French and German. I don't think that my level of French will be comparable to that of my German when I leave, so I'm looking into doing a masters in France when I graduate, firstly because I know that most are pretty cheap, and secondly because it would be a good opportunity to study something practical and improve my language at the same time - I don't want to do further studies in literature or anything like that!

I was looking into a law masters but the unis I've researched (Sciences-Po, Assas, Lyon II plus others) require a first LLB before you can do an LLM - it appears that there isn't a conversion course you can do. I would ideally like to study something social sciences based, but my first degree was purely lit - based, and I get the impression that this would be a problem unless I wanted to do more 'arty' subjects. And I don't - I'm very aware of the fact that I'll need to get an actual job sooner rather than later.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone who knows a little more about the French uni system could advise me on where I could look next (ideally somewhere with an international rep) and what degree area(s) I could look into (that would take me!). Thanks in advance, very grateful for any advice people might have!

ReputationRep:
    You should first look at what you want to do, professionally speaking! Which area, which occupation? In 5, 10 years?

Once you're decided, we'll be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    I will ask my fiancé for you about conversion courses, master's etc (he's French) and I will let you know

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.