Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are college students generally of a lower class than Sixth Form? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I don't really care tbh. If thats what makes you happy then go for it.
    What kinda fcd up response is that?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FaraxZeroIncome)
    What kinda fcd up response is that?
    What do you want me to say exactly?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    What do you want me to say exactly?:confused:
    aw, that's awesome, how's the course etc.

You evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylesXD)
    i still don't understand why people care though, its a forum ? not an essay ? its not like i m going to check it for errors?, its like saying all my work at college is proof-read, so really their wouldn't be any truth behind it?
    because stating that you have X amount of A's at GCSE's and then not being able to tell the difference between the words form and forum make you look like a tool.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the way people who do BTECs are automatically stereotyped as 'not clever enough to do a levels'. i do a btec in art and design because i love art, not because i couldnt do a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    because stating that you have X amount of A's at GCSE's and then not being able to tell the difference between the words form and forum make you look like a tool.
    haha yeah i get your point, but i did get C in English lol don't have to be smart at grammar to get good grades,

ReputationRep:
    You clearly aren't from my town, where the sixth form turned normal people into chavs and the college was a dump. Both were so bad it was hard to tell which was worse, so I ended up commuting for three hours every day to do my A-Levels at a different college.

ReputationRep:
    Having been to both Sixth Form and an "adult college" I would quite happily argue that the answer to the question posed is an emphatic 'yes'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    I did Literature, Politics and History last year. PM me if you ever want to ask anything.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    It may also be worth mentioning that most BTECs only require 4 GCSES A-C to get on, whereas Sixth Forms require a minimum of 5Cs, and often Bs. So a lot of people on BTECs are people who haven't even got the intellect to achieve 5 GCSEs at C grade.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My sister is at a sixth form and I'm at a college. I did try studying at sixth form but I didn't like the learning format and found the rest of the pupils were really immature (I was almost 19, they were school leavers). Having been in the workplace since I was 16 I much prefer to learn partly through study and partly through experience as opposed to being sat in a classroom all day.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.