Turn on thread page Beta

Growth Bond. 2.85% fixed one year good? watch

ReputationRep:
    Had a 1 year growth bond with the PostOffice. Put in £6000 and have ended up with about £6300. They are offering to reinvest it this year for 2.85% which is less than before. Obviously intrest rates are quite low right now so was wondering whether I should just go with this?

They use "rush tactics" though, I only have 15 days in which to send them a letter telling them I would like this "special rate"

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    You can get slightly better rates elsewhere. I like this site:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sav...-best-interest

Could get a 12m bonus a/c with instant access for a fraction more, or 3.1% at one, or 3% at several, for other 1yr fixes.

Personally I like the ones that still give you some access, even if at a penalty. I'd prob go for an "instant access with bonus for 12m" & make sure I moved it again after that time.

ReputationRep:
    Its barely above inflation and with inflation the way its going right now, I would invest some in inflation-linked saving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mit321)
    Had a 1 year growth bond with the PostOffice. Put in £6000 and have ended up with about £6300. They are offering to reinvest it this year for 2.85% which is less than before. Obviously intrest rates are quite low right now so was wondering whether I should just go with this?

They use "rush tactics" though, I only have 15 days in which to send them a letter telling them I would like this "special rate"

What do you guys think?
    If it instant access then yes, you should keep renew it. If you want to leave it for a fixed term, there are far better ddeals around, though if you want to stay with the Post Office you can ask to speak the manager and explain that you wish to stay but only if they can match a competitor (print out the offer and details), there is a chance that they may say yes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.