Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend and her ex! watch

I have been dating this girl for a month now, we are in love,
    The problem is actually she is still in touch with her ex,

which bothers me...

because he calls her up every week to "check" on her

and she tells him all the things which happened in the week, she tells me about his calls (I don't know if she tells me about all the calls, okay, I will believe her).

She still has that emotional bond with him which drives me mad!

I have told her that his calls bothers me, she told him that she doesn't want him asking about her personal life. But we both know, he will call her again.

What should I do, I really get angry when she tells me about his calls!

ReputationRep:
    You sound like an insecure, possessive wierdo, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her. And at some point you will probably have to say "it's me or him..."
    No fun but if you don't fight for her, you'll lose her.

(Original post by little_red_sox)
    I know I am a bit possessive or maybe extra possessive...

ReputationRep:
    Hey I dont like it when the ex is still in the picture either. I've had too many problems with them in the past - two boyfriends cheated on me with their exes (so much for the usual "we're just good friends" crap) and I actually left my current boyfriend for a while when I saw just how close he was to his ex (far, far too close, you'd think they were still shagging). So I understand. If someone is in the past they should stay there.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a girl who wouldnt care less if her boyfriend was having sex with her sister.

EDIT:...to be honest.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Kill him and make his skin into a coat.

(Original post by Scarn)
    How can you be in love after just a month?
    How long does it take to fall in love?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ this tbh

youve been together a month and are in love

ok then :laugh:

(Original post by Antonia87)
    Hey I dont like it when the ex is still in the picture either. I've had too many problems with them in the past - two boyfriends cheated on me with their exes (so much for the usual "we're just good friends" crap) and I actually left my current boyfriend for a while when I saw just how close he was to his ex (far, far too close, you'd think they were still shagging). So I understand. If someone is in the past they should stay there.
    Precisely, if I get angry with her over this she won't tell me about the calls which will be bad for the relationship.

What do I do? Its annoying me :mad:!!

ReputationRep:
    A month....

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this post so much, that I don't even know where to begin to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Precisely, if I get angry with her over this she won't tell me about the calls which will be bad for the relationship.

What do I do? Its annoying me :mad:!!
    Well then you should at least talk to her, and communicate exactly how you feel.

My ex didn't do this and due to his weird possessive control freak ways, he got all insecure and thought I was cheating on him with my ex (we're just very close and good friends). So one day, decided to heavily flirt, then eventually hook up with a girl who luckily happened to be the gf of an ex-boss of mine who used to have a thing for me

Thank God Adelaide is small, cos was able to break up with him before things got worse - not that I'm suggesting you'd ever do that lol :p: x

ReputationRep:
    You can love someone after a day, there is no specified time limit. Personally I agree and disagree with you - I can see how it's hard to accept your gf being in touch with her ex, it's not very nice and probably a constant reminder of their time together...but at the same time I wouldn't go down the 'me or him' route so early on. It will seem possessive and won't give the right impression. Maybe mention that it's bothering you (if it continues) and think of a solution together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tariq786)
    you sound like a girl who wouldnt care less if her boyfriend was having sex with her sister.

EDIT:...to be honest.
    Hahaha I agree. She sounds like one of those 'oh, I must let my boyfriend do whatever he wants even if it bothers me, because I don't want to see clingy, how uncool would that be!' -types!

OP, if you aren't happy with her talking to him about personal things, tell her to cool it down. If she cares about you, she will.They don't need to talk every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    Hahaha I agree. She sounds like one of those 'oh, I must let my boyfriend do whatever he wants even if it bothers me, because I don't want to see clingy, how uncool would that be!' -types!
    :yep:

and spoiler :eek:

(Original post by danni_bella)
    Well then you should at least talk to her, and communicate exactly how you feel.

My ex didn't do this and due to his weird possessive control freak ways, he got all insecure and thought I was cheating on him with my ex (we're just very close and good friends). So one day, decided to heavily flirt, then eventually hook up with a girl who luckily happened to be the gf of an ex-boss of mine who used to have a thing for me

Thank God Adelaide is small, cos was able to break up with him before things got worse - not that I'm suggesting you'd ever do that lol :p: x
    Okay... I have spoken to her but I fear if I come to strong to her she would stop telling me about his calls... once she didn't tell me about a guy who had a huge crush on her because she was scared I would get angry over that, later she told me after my mood got spoilt!

(Original post by sugarjunkie001)
    You can love someone after a day, there is no specified time limit. Personally I agree and disagree with you - I can see how it's hard to accept your gf being in touch with her ex, it's not very nice and probably a constant reminder of their time together...but at the same time I wouldn't go down the 'me or him' route so early on. It will seem possessive and won't give the right impression. Maybe mention that it's bothering you (if it continues) and think of a solution together...
    Well she knows that I am possessive, I wouldn't go on the me or him route so early on (thank you)

Yes, I got to think it through, because his calls are really irritating and she ends up telling him about a lot of things, I guess they must be talking for at least 15 mins! Gosh, it drives me crazy! Too possessive :mad:

(Original post by aliphatic)
    A month....
    Yes round about a month and a half maybe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NubbliNubbleton)
    Perhaps she's one of those "I trust my boyfriend and am not insecure enough to tell him who he's allowed to talk to" types. It's not like the OP's girlfriend is having intimate sleepovers with her ex or anything, she just has short phone calls with him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.