Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm a 2nd year at university but I have no friends and I really do not know who I am, which I think is responsible for my lack of friends and lack of social life.

When I say I don't know who I am, I do not mean in a sexually confused way, I mean that I actually do not know what my personality is. I really do not know who I am.

I like DnB, Dubstep, and House music amongst others, so there's a start I guess. But I don't know what style of clothes suit me or how to act (I want to be loud but I really cannot and I find it difficult to 'let go') and I don't know what to do in social situations. I see people get on really well and they all have their own persona and are themselves but I cannot do this because I don't know what it is. I have tried different images etc but I am finding it difficult to find one that's 'me'. I have tried different personae (such as laid back, cool, etc) but can't really find one.

Anyway how do I actually find who I am?

ReputationRep:
    yo..its too late dude....this happens when you dont make friends at school...your finished

anyway listen to my music..it will make you 'feel' again!! (y)

ReputationRep:
    the trick is, wait. i know who i am now but is took many years

ReputationRep:
    watch 'eat pray love' and eat lots of spaghetti.

ReputationRep:
    Pour yourself into something, like playing music or writing a book, or painting, just something that you and only you create. For me it's playing the piano. I don't know who I am yet but I'm only 16, I don't think I'm supposed to know yet.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.