Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I hate my life so much, my parents sacrifice a lot so that I could go to university. I made a terrible mistake choosing wrong course which my parents don't like and want me to change it. I found out today that all other courses are full and there's no way I could change it. I have been crying for the whole day and don't know what to say to my parents.

I just can't see myself studying the subject I don't know anything about for 3 years and it probably won't give me a good job later.

I'm so desperate and don't know what to do with my life right now

ReputationRep:
    (Hope this isn't a troll)
    Nothing is ever worth taking your life, it's worth too much to be taken early!
    I know the situation your going through right now may feel like the end of the world right now but it seriously isn't!
    There is always time to do another course in the future and i'm sure if you explain the full situation to your parents telling them how you feel they'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you took an outside course? if so can you not just hold out this year and switch at the end to second year?

ReputationRep:
    look on the bright side - after doing whatever it is for three years, you'll finally know something about it!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Sorry to hear you are feeling really bad right now about the course you are on. The thing to remember is that you do have many options open to you. If you want to talk to someone about how you're feeling at the moment, the Samaritans are always there to listen to you. Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

You can also speak to your university about how you are feeling. There could be all sorts of options open to you like defering, reapplying next year, seeing how things go, swapping courses later in the term or even at the end of the year. Your university will be able to advise you on what options are there for you.

I'm going to close this thread now, not because we don't care, but because the people here are not the ebst to help you. People will sometimes post dangerous and totally unhelpful comments in threads like this. So it's best you speak to the people best equiped to help you out - the Samaritan or your university

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.