Turn on thread page Beta

Is being flat-chested not that bad afterall? watch

- Anonymous please.

So this is going to sound ridiculous to some, but please just hear me out!

I'm 18 years old and my bra size is 30B. (I've never suffered from anorexia btw).

I did go through a phase of being incredibly envious of my peers throughout school but then I "discovered" something.

I recently attended London Fashion Week (and I also watched america/britian's next top model + read many fashion magazines before that) and what did I notice? That 90% of those stunning cat walk models are flat-chested too.

It was sort of inspirin, like... it's made me feel more comfortable with my own body.

So my "query" is really just this: is it a good "frame of mind" to keep or am I merely in denial of it all?

Please share your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    Is 30B really that small? I don't really understand bra sizes. I could do with pics, but I don't suppose you'll do that :p:

Who do you want to look good for, men or other women? Because the women in those things are really meant to appeal to other women, not to men, so they're generally not that representative of what men like.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's a bit exaggerated how much men care about how big women's boobs are. Plenty of men don't mind either way or prefer smaller ones.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for the love of God :facepalm: Firstly, did you really only just realise that catwalk models are fairly flat chested? Secondly, a B cup isn't actually that small.

ReputationRep:
    Many men prefer smaller BBS, me for one. Anything more than a B is wasted on me.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good frame of mind to be happy with your body.

There's nothing wrong with you, so be happy and enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    It's a disadvantage but a small one. It's only a small contributor to the overall attractiveness and in fact having small ones can be attractive if it suits your overall look

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anybody actually cares what size bra a girl wears.
    (Unless they are incredibly shallow.)

ReputationRep:
    Is a B cup small? I thought it was pretty normal...

ReputationRep:
    I would kill to have B cups (I have E cups). But I am quite surprised that you only just noticed that catwalk models are completely chestless.

ReputationRep:
    I like girls with small tits and girls with big tits, I like thin girls and larger girls, I like girls of all races, with all colours of eyes and hair and of different preference in fashion.

No one guy is the same, questions like this are silly. Someone will find you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    It also has the advantage that when you run for a bus there's no danger of giving yourself a black eye from being hit by your own large pendulous breast rotating upwards as you run.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure B is normal?
    In anycase.. i never understood the reasoning to judge oneself based on what others say is right and wrong. You only going to have 1 body (depending on what you believe, but it's what i believe), so accept who you are and love who you are. Any person (or indeed, the media as a whole) that bases judgement totally on boob size or whatever, are so shallow to begin with it must make you wonder why it's worth caring in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    Only very shallow men will put that into serious consideration, so you won't attract shallow men, which is a good thing

ReputationRep:
    30B is not flat chested, it's proportionate to your size.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I've shrunk to an 34 A and it's made no difference to my life,
    after years of wishing I was a C/D I've just learnt to love what I have.

Anyway,
    Face>>>>>>>>>>>>Boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Personality takes priority over anything of this sort. The best frame of mind is to focus on being a great person, because anyone worth being with won't give a flying **** about bra size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    - Anonymous please.

So this is going to sound ridiculous to some, but please just hear me out!

I'm 18 years old and my bra size is 30B. (I've never suffered from anorexia btw).
    What an ignorant thing to say.

I did go through a phase of being incredibly envious of my peers throughout school but then I "discovered" something.

I recently attended London Fashion Week (and I also watched america/britian's next top model + read many fashion magazines before that) and what did I notice? That 90% of those stunning cat walk models are flat-chested too.
    No ****, Sherlock
    Where have you been re the size zero debate? Most models are very skinny, some way skinnier than is healthy- they're hardly going to be sporting a pair of melons are they?

It was sort of inspirin, like... it's made me feel more comfortable with my own body.

So my "query" is really just this: is it a good "frame of mind" to keep or am I merely in denial of it all?

Please share your thoughts.
    Don't let other people tell you what to think about your body. Of course you should be happy with it on your own terms. Just because a model looks good and happens to be flat-chested does not mean it is the way to go. Likewise, just because a not-so-stunning girl you see walking down the street looks bad and happens to be flat-chested does not mean it is something to be ashamed of (nor is it a sign of anorexia :facepalm:).
    Get some self-esteem OP. You're fine as you are!

ReputationRep:
    I love boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I like girls with small tits and girls with big tits, I like thin girls and larger girls, I like girls of all races, with all colours of eyes and hair and of different preference in fashion.

No one guy is the same, questions like this are silly. Someone will find you attractive.
    Calvin Harris, is that you? :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.