Is this university girl a slut or a liberated woman? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think of the Duke girl
    Marriage material
    8.88%
    Pump and dump
    91.12%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    I don't feel particularly oppressed today, but there you go.

I think the issue isn't oppression, it's to do with gender roles within the context of modern sexuality; women aren't being oppressed, as they can sleep with whoever they want as many times they want, or they can choose to sleep with only one person, or no people at all. The problem is how people perceive these actions.
    I'd argue that they are oppressed in the manner how society views their actions as negative and denying them their sexuality. I think calling a promiscuous girl a 'slut' is more offensive than calling a black person a "******" n-word, notice how that is censored whereas slut isn't. That's paternalistic society for you.

ReputationRep:
    If this was a guy I'd want to kill him, but because it's a girl it's kinda hot.

Pump and dump necessary I think.

ReputationRep:
    Those who don't think she is a 'slut' (I used the term pump and dump, which is slightly different to 'slut' but I'll humour you for now): where's the threshold, if 13 in 4 years is not a 'slut', is 20? Or can you be a slut with 3 men in 4 years because being a 'slut' is a personality not how many cocks you've taken.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is so wrong with being a 'slut', sounds like jealousy really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    legend?
    BIG IN DA GAME!!!11oneone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Hmm not too bad but what is bad is that she made a power point and exposed these guys.

You can do what you want sexually, with who want just keep it to yourself
    I kinda disagree, I think it's cool what she's done although I would never do something like that plus I personally think she's gone a bit too far !

It's interesting to see the reactions on here, as I know a guy who is a bit like her and all he gets called is a player (when really, we all know he's actually a man-slut).

ReputationRep:
    It's not exactly a massive amount of people to have slept with and some of that **** is pretty funny. The only person that ****** up is the friend that leaked it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    Those who don't think she is a 'slut' (I used the term pump and dump, which is slightly different to 'slut' but I'll humour you for now): where's the threshold, if 13 in 4 years is not a 'slut', is 20? Or can you be a slut with 3 men in 4 years because being a 'slut' is a personality not how many cocks you've taken.

I think 'slut' is more about a person's mentality and how they portray themselves. The term imples that they act without self respect or discernment and portray themselves as lacking self respect. This can be applied just as easily to men as to women in my opinion (others will, I'm sure, disagree).

Someone who has many partners, but exercises a little discretion in how they go about it will not attract as many open insults.

ReputationRep:
    I just hate her style, i couldn;t go on reading it after like 4 or 5 guys, she seems so incredibly boring...sure she likes sex which is fantastic, but i dont think i could stand her

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is so wrong with being a 'slut', sounds like jealousy really
    Explain

I think 'slut' is more about a person's mentality and how they portray themselves. The term imples that they act without self respect or discernment and portray themselves as lacking self respect. This can be applied just as easily to men as to women in my opinion (others will, I'm sure, disagree).
    So a girl who sleeps with 1 guy a month for three years is not a slut if she acts with "discernment" and "self-respect". Do you have any real life examples of such a person?

ReputationRep:
    Are they not the same thing? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    whats her number?

ReputationRep:
    Making a powerpoint is the modern version of keeping a diary I guess, but she shouldn't have made it public.. things like that aren't meant to be shared whether it's a woman sharing it or a man.

ReputationRep:
    3 guys per year aprox? well, that's not that much, you could have 2 boyfriends and a summer one night stand or something.. you won't be a slut for that.

but ******* all these guys, all athletes, from the same university just to measure their hardware and how they use it?.......... now that's starting to sound slutty to me.

and finally publishing it....... isn't it clear enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    Explain

So a girl who sleeps with 1 guy a month for three years is not a slut if she acts with "discernment" and "self-respect". Do you have any real life examples of such a person?
    It is typical paternalistic mentality that a girl who likes sex OBVIOUSLY doesn't have any self respect. But the exact opposite applies to guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy5x)
    1. Fine.

2. Really ******. Unless they consented to sex on the condition or in the knowledge of her publishing details then they should retain their privacy.

3. No, because it's a nasty thing to do.

She's not a slut; and if she's trying to make a point about her being liberated then she's not.
    Then what exactly is a slut?

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ making a powerpoint presentation out of it :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Woah, she's been with some really fit guys :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    This story has gone viral today over the internet.

A female student at one of America's top universities has written a sexually explicit (in words not pictures - it's safe to view) power point presentation on all the athletes she slept with over three years. She details how she met them, what they did, what the sex was like.

Photos of her online show she is a toned 8/10 brunette.

What do you think of her behaviour?

Please address:

1. Sleeping around
    2. Writing a report on the men she slept with
    3. Would it be okay for a man to do this and publish it?
    Why can't she be a liberated slut? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It is typical paternalistic mentality that a girl who likes sex OBVIOUSLY doesn't have any self respect. But the exact opposite applies to guys.
    Liking sex with one **** and liking sex with lots of different cocks... different things entirely. Why can't she just choose one **** and settle?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.