The Student Room Group

Difficult A2 Situation - Need help

Not quite sure what to do here, stuck in a bit of a difficult situation.
I got ABBC in my AS year but had to drop out in my A2 year due to illness. I'm still unable to do college full time so I'm studying as a private student this year only there's a big problem in that AQA do not allow people to take Computing externally. Which is completely ridiculous seeing as I already had the coursework component completed, marked and ready to be sent to AQA at my old college.

So my first option is to do Computing at college which is not possible seeing as colleges will only accept students taking 3 or more courses and I'm still not well enough to spend 20-25 hours a week in a class room and the nearest college that offers it part-time is a good 2 hours drive away from me as well as costing a ridiculous amount.

My second option is to transfer on to an exam board that does allow external candidates for Computing such as OCR, this means applying to have my AS Computing certificated again to include retakes, and then filling out paperwork to transfer to the OCR board which may be declined anyway. In addition to that finding a centre to do OCR Computing exams at is proving impossible - the few in a 50 mile radius of me that offer it have all turned me down.

So what can I do? Other than suck it up and apply for a foundation degree course at a university way below the grades I know I'm capable of...

Latest