Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best/top universities for studying PHARMACY watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i would like to know what unis are good for studying pharmacy including their teaching and job prospects and just generally! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not much help but I'm applying to Nottingham which is apparently one of the best for pharmacy, although I work in a pharmacy and my boss and the locums have said it doesn't really matter where you go for pharmacy, however I think Nottingham is a really nice campus and has good facilities so that's what swung it for me!

ReputationRep:
    please replyy asapp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyC93)
    I know it's not much help but I'm applying to Nottingham which is apparently one of the best for pharmacy, although I work in a pharmacy and my boss and the locums have said it doesn't really matter where you go for pharmacy, however I think Nottingham is a really nice campus and has good facilities so that's what swung it for me!
    i was thinking that too... but i havent actually been to see it are you applying this year? i dont think i can get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maoam2406)
    i was thinking that too... but i havent actually been to see it are you applying this year? i dont think i can get in
    Ahh, well it's really green, great profs too.
    I've been to all of the choices under my spoiler except UEA if you wanna ask any questions!
    I'm applying this year yeah, I'm sure you can, it's AAB for Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    London School of Pharmacy :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyC93)
    Ahh, well it's really green, great profs too.
    I've been to all of the choices under my spoiler except UEA if you wanna ask any questions!
    I'm applying this year yeah, I'm sure you can, it's AAB for Nottingham!
    its a lot of competition and its pretty tough out there...why didnt u go for uea? isnt it meant to be really good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    London School of Pharmacy :dontknow:
    is that meant to be really good??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maoam2406)
    its a lot of competition and its pretty tough out there...why didnt u go for uea? isnt it meant to be really good?
    Well I am still waiting for offers, and you can do it mate
    It is really good, but too far to visit for me!

ReputationRep:
    Manchester/Aston/Bath/Notts/LSOP

It doesn't really matter much for Pharmacy tho..

ReputationRep:
    UEA is ment to be very good for Pharmacy. Top in the country I believe, or at least the top 5. Assuming you believe league tables that is :P

ReputationRep:
    I personally thing nottingham, kings, cardiff and manchester, im personally applying to nottingham for pharmacy and am not too sure where to apply for dentistry

ReputationRep:
    I swear everyone who had wanted to do medicine is applying for Pharmacy these days, almost like it's a scrapheap-of-sorts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshed)
    UEA is ment to be very good for Pharmacy. Top in the country I believe, or at least the top 5. Assuming you believe league tables that is :P
    top in what, research, student satisfaction, employment...?

statistics can be manipulated, im sure a lot of unis will say that they're the best

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacy. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    Pharmacy. Lol.
    What's wrong with pharmacy, might I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Manchester/Aston/Bath/Notts/LSOP

It doesn't really matter much for Pharmacy tho..
    why doesnt it matter?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Bath is the best.

That's where I want to do it

Also, someone please tell me (and I know it's probably been asked many times) but is Pharmarcy a better degree than Pharmacology?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Bath was the best - that is what I have heard anyways.

I also heard that employer's are not fussed when it comes to what university you study Pharmacy at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous21)
    I thought Bath was the best - that is what I have heard anyways.

I also heard that employer's are not fussed when it comes to what university you study Pharmacy at
    I dont mind about the employing side of it I just want to know which is the best so I can apply to one or two high ones and at least know I tried instead of regretting not applying for some high choices...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.