The Student Room Group

Is it possible to be a physicist/physics student and beleive in the paranormal??

As the title asks....

Im keen to hear what people think.

Physics, being the basis of all science, which attempts to understand the laws of the universe collides with the paranormal eg ghosts etc

Is it possibke to be a physicist/physics student and still be open to the possibility of paranormalism??

im studying a level physics. Many physicists seem to think the unliverse is black and white and can be explained by science. In reality, we know very little about the world around us, and i would be open to the possibility of paranormalism

What do people here think??does physics and paranormalism collide? Or can the two coexist?
i started answering this then i thought its such a stupid question im not going to bother
Not knowing about things doesn't mean you should make things up.

On the contrary, there is no reason the two can't exist, just because the majority of physicists will see things in a purely scientific way does not mean the two are mutally exclusive. There is no law saying you cannot believe in the paranormal/religion and be a physicist.
Yes, they'll research so that they can find a way to explain them.
no, you must choose one or the other. if your physics peers find out you believe in the paranormal you will be shunned. do it quickly.
Yes. I have a physicist friend who believes in healing crystals and is a Druid.
I don't understand how the 2 combine personally myself

Latest

Trending

Trending