Turn on thread page Beta

Do uni students only ever wear jeans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So my school had a uni exhibition this week, and in virtually every picture of students on the prospectuses that I've hauled home, people are wearing jeans. Don't uni students ever wear anything else?

ok, bad phrasing.

Do the photographers for uni prospectuses only take pictures of students wearing jeans.

ReputationRep:
    i wear shorts in the summer, but yes otherwise jeans

UNLESS i'm doing sports, then i'll generally be wearing stash

ReputationRep:
    I think I lived in tracksuit bottoms for nearly 3 years......

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I wore jeans when I was swimming. And when I slept.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, every single student wears jeans every single day.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly do but sometimes I'll wear shorts or a skirt.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, 100% of students wear jeans 100% of the time. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Silly question. Jeans are comfortable and easy to throw on with a top and a few accesories to make an outfit. I've only worn jeans 2 times this week. :P

ReputationRep:
    ... I think we wear whatever the hell we like, actually. I haven't changed how I dress since coming to university; what's wrong with people wearing jeans anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing jeans right now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't own a single pair of jeans.

I only EVER wear skirts or dresses! No trousers for meeee!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, let me rephrase that question.

Do the people at universities who take photos for the prospectuses only take pictures of students wearing jeans? It certainly seems to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    Chinos. And them grey cotton joggers.

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time they do. Then again, the majority of our generation in the UK do wear jeans most of the time outside of the workplace anyway, so it's not all that surprising.

ReputationRep:
    Girls probably wear 'jeggins' on somee days i would think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Ok, let me rephrase that question.

Do the people at universities who take photos for the prospectuses only take pictures of students wearing jeans? It certainly seems to be the case.
    :sigh:

Uni prospectuses are designed to make the place look appealling and a place you'd like to go. The pictures are taken of normal students looking relaxed and normal. It'd be false to tell them to dress up especially for the picture.

99% of the time most students will opt for jeans. They're cheap, ubitquitous, easy to get and decently casually stylish. Look around any 6th form or college and it'll be exactly the same.

Wear whatever the hell you want, nobody cares. I wore a tux to uni one day [about 5 of us did, just because we had them] and nobody batted an eyelid.

Most important question: why the hell do you care?

ReputationRep:
    Students at my university are only allowed to wear jeans.

Jeans only.

Only jeans.

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Mostly jeans but also jogging bottoms sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Most important question: why the hell do you care?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    i have about 4/5 pairs, so pretty often yeah I'll wear jeans, however I also sometimes wear skirts, leggings dresses or shorts.... depends on the weather, how long i have to choose what to wear, where I'm going (lectures or out with friends) etc etc....
    but they're comfy, practical and come in so many styles and colours now that they're not all the same or anything....
    also you can get them cheap or expensive, so everyone can have some =D

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.