Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    someone told me that leeds want a reference for every single thing that youve done?!
    is that true?
    i have ceritficates and letters for some stuff, but not everything. to what extent is this true?

ReputationRep:
    you heard BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    you heard BS
    bull****?

ReputationRep:
    I have made sure that I have references, just because it's the only way of proving that you actually undertook that work experience.

I know at least some places ask that you can prove your work exprience, so it may be worth asking the people that you've shadowed, just in case! Better safe than sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gene-ius)
    I have made sure that I have references, just because it's the only way of proving that you actually undertook that work experience.

I know at least some places ask that you can prove your work exprience, so it may be worth asking the people that you've shadowed, just in case! Better safe than sorry!
    i have work experience letters, what about other things like voluntary work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssm)
    i have work experience letters, what about other things like voluntary work?
    Again, I would ask people to write a little note as some schools say you need to prove it. Many will just grill you about it in the interview to check you're telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    they'll ask about it in interview and your answers will be evidence enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssm)
    bull****?
    yes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    yes :rolleyes:

lool
    where do you dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    You won't need a reference, but you will be expected to talk about what happened during the work exp. What did you see, what did you learn, what did you find interesting etc... It's not just about how much exp youve done, but the quality of it. The whole point of the work exp is to see what youre getting yourself into. If you fully understand the extent of whats expected of you in future then interviewers and admissions tutors will be more assured that you wont drop out of a dental course if you were to get a place.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.