The Student Room Group
Yes abit unfair, talk to your teacher about it.
I don't see how teachers will lose out if their predictions are wrong, I'm even more determined now to show them I can get the grade! Just infuriating that my other subject teachers are willing to negotiate grades if you show you are retaking etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
I was predicted a B. Fought tooth and limb and convinced them to change it to an A. I got an A*.

Just fight it!
Reply 4
ballerina girl
In AS maths I got a grade B (1 mark off an A)
C1-90
C2-79
S1-70

My prediction for A2 is still a B, even though I will be retaking C2 and S1 in January. My teacher has even predicted B's to people who got an A in AS. I don't see the point in retaking modules to get a higher grade when universities will just look at my predicted grade and if I do end up with a higher grade than my prediction it won't meant anything.

Do you agree this is an unfair prediction?
No, I don't, unless there were extenuating circumstances to explain the lower grades in C2 and S1. The jump-up from AS to A2 is a big one, and your performance at AS was inconsistent. If you do end up with higher grades than your offers require, you will have the option of UCAS - Adjustment. You should also remember that having the predictions doesn't guarantee offers - especially if the A level predictions are out of line with actual AS results - which this would be, for the reasons I've stated.
Reply 5
Fight for it. I was predicted a lower grade than I achieved in one of my subjects. From A to A*.

No one else will fight for it but you. It is your future, grab it and take control.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest