Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l? watch

ReputationRep:
    How old is she? If shes in year 7 then there is absolutely NO point worrying. Shes got heaps of years in which her appearance will improve. Its tough at that age - but just wait till shes older then you can really make a judgement about her looks, until then she shouldnt need to care and should just enjoy her youth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That is what some guy said to my little sis.
    Most (90%) of people think she's absolutely gorgeous and she always gets nice compliments from random strangers (female and male) when we're out. However, she has really low self confidence thanks to some bullying in year 7 and now she is very insecure.Today, this guy in her class said to her :'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l?' and why do you wear make up, you're still gonna be ugly though. who are you trying to impress; you're not even impressing me'

What should i say that may help her with her confidence?

**** the guy, he sounds like a complete tosser, why would she even care what a prick like that said

ReputationRep:
    Comfort your sister, then go and show the bully what's up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That is what some guy said to my little sis.
    Most (90%) of people think she's absolutely gorgeous and she always gets nice compliments from random strangers (female and male) when we're out. However, she has really low self confidence thanks to some bullying in year 7 and now she is very insecure.Today, this guy in her class said to her :'YOU'RE UGLY WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER WEARING MAKE -UP'l?' and why do you wear make up, you're still gonna be ugly though. who are you trying to impress; you're not even impressing me'

What should i say that may help her with her confidence?
    how old is she?

ReputationRep:
    The guy's an absolute ****. I'd make my sister laugh to take her mind of things but it depends on what your sister prefers. My sister is not unconfident at all. Have a massive *****ing session about this guy and other people who have said similar things. Might help? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    Look, even if he's a large lad, if she unexpectedly kicks him in the knackers, he won't forget about it in a hurry.
    :yikes: This post brings back unwanted memories for those of us who have been kicked unexpectedly in the knackers!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need to say anything? Tell her to man up and stop being such a pussy. It'll do her a lot of good in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    buy her a really nice new top or something, it will lift her confidence short term, and once she starts getting more attention she will feel better

Although, basing confidence on other peoples opinions will really be an up and down emotional rollercoaster, I suppose she'll become more stable in her beliefs as she gets older though.

ReputationRep:
    He probably fancies her if this is true about her getting compliments from strangers. Also goodlooking but less confident people, are red meat for bullies.

ReputationRep:
    If I was you I'd find that asswipe and **** up his face.

Or at least damage his reputation with words.
    Not rumours, nothing like that. Just really have a go at him and reduce him to tears and sobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Why do you need to say anything? Tell her to man up and stop being such a pussy. It'll do her a lot of good in the long run.
    This. Not EVERYONE is going to think shes attractive.

ReputationRep:
    **** the stupid bullies! People are always gonna be nasty for no good reason, so tell her to only listen to nice things that people say to her, and that she should be confident in herself, as that's what matters most :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.