This discussion is closed.
princess-renamed
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i got a letter form lse 2day saying that ive been placed on the short list for maths and economics, and that i should get the final decision by march!.im not too sure if its a good or a bad thing to be honest, but i got 7 a*'s at gcse, do economics and business, maths, chem for aleve n have been predicted 3a's ive started this thread to ask if ne1 else has heard froom lse at all, and also presuming i do go throught to get an offer what kind of offer do u think one should expect, i doubt it would be abb, which is its standard offer, cuz the demand is so high?
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by princess)
i got a letter form lse 2day saying that ive been placed on the short list for maths and economics, and that i should get the final decision by march!.im not too sure if its a good or a bad thing to be honest, but i got 7 a*'s at gcse, do economics and business, maths, chem for aleve n have been predicted 3a's ive started this thread to ask if ne1 else has heard froom lse at all, and also presuming i do go throught to get an offer what kind of offer do u think one should expect, i doubt it would be abb, which is its standard offer, cuz the demand is so high?
Hey well done for bein short listed............... I think if LSE give u an offer they will prob just ask for ABB the standard grades considerin ur GCSE's and predicted grades are so high..... I am an international student and have applied for Management but still havent heard from them...... guess they gonna take time with their decisions..........
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done for getting on the shortlist, hopefully you will be recieveing an offer. However you gotta remember most uni's aren't just looking for a bunch of good grades (everyone has them nowadays) but something a little bit extra. Anyways good luck, I imagine you will be offered the standard offer unless they are so in demand that they are forced to ask everyone for higher offers. Also, with decent grades + whateevr that something extra might be, they might think you are applying to oxbridge (dont know if you are or not) and so they might ask you for higher grades, especially if they think you can achieve em easily, so that you don't use them as an insurance after oxbridge.
Soumak
Report 16 years ago
hey,

congrats on gettin the short list. Ive applied for the same course as you.
Still waitin for ne thing!!!!! :rolleyes:
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They will most likely offer ABB - I know some people that got a place for history, were predicted AAA and got straight As & A*s at GCSE and they have still only been asked for ABB, and history is a very competitive course as well
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemma1811)
They will most likely offer ABB - I know some people that got a place for history, were predicted AAA and got straight As & A*s at GCSE and they have still only been asked for ABB, and history is a very competitive course as well
Me you are talking about again?!? Hehe, yes History is just as competitive as any course at LSE-it has 500+ applicants and 42 places, yet they only asked me for ABB so if the prospectus says ABB the chances are that's what you'll get.
gemma1811
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Me you are talking about again?!? Hehe, yes History is just as competitive as any course at LSE-it has 500+ applicants and 42 places, yet they only asked me for ABB so if the prospectus says ABB the chances are that's what you'll get.
No i was actually talking about Hannah as well!!!! lol
princess-renamed
but isnt it more likely that ill get an offer for aaa or aab since ive been put in the waiting list anyway, has anyone else for anyc ocurse heard anything from lse as yet?
gemma1811
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but isnt it more likely that ill get an offer for aaa or aab since ive been put in the waiting list anyway, has anyone else for anyc ocurse heard anything from lse as yet?
No, i think that LSE generally only tend to give out their typical offer, so even if you have been put on the waiting list i reckon that they will still only offer ABB, if that is the typical grade. You have prob only been put on the waiting list because so many people have applied, and they probably expect another influx of applications, so they are just guna clear them all at once! Im sure u'll be fine, and they will offer you a place.

I applyed for Accounting & Finance back at the beginning of October and i still havent heard a thing from them, not even a letter of acknowledgement - so i have probably been put on a waiting list as well, as im sure i would have heard by now if they were guna reject me straight away.
nervous
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
heya - congrats on being shortlisted! - ive actually never heard of anyone being shortlisted - either accepted or rejected fully - i think it's a good thing though!
i (by a great amount of luck) got an offer of 2As from Warwick for economics and philosophy.
a friend of mine applied for MORSE though, (which is closer to your course) and got an offer of 3As
speaking of which - why didnt u apply for the MORSE?? - i heard it's a really good course especially for those who like maths and economics (which u obviously do!) just wondering!
nervous
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nervous)
heya - congrats on being shortlisted! - ive actually never heard of anyone being shortlisted - either accepted or rejected fully - i think it's a good thing though!
i (by a great amount of luck) got an offer of 2As from Warwick for economics and philosophy.
a friend of mine applied for MORSE though, (which is closer to your course) and got an offer of 3As
speaking of which - why didnt u apply for the MORSE?? - i heard it's a really good course especially for those who like maths and economics (which u obviously do!) just wondering!

haha - jst realised ive made a complete fool of myself!!!!
haha the thing is the friend i was talking about that applied for MORSE in Warwick also applied for maths and econs at LSE and got an offer of 3 A's, but i always associate her with MORSE coz it's like tailored especially for her!!
so yea - am sooo embarrased rite now - but hope i helped u in some way at least!!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemma1811)
No i was actually talking about Hannah as well!!!! lol
Oh... hehe !!!
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GET IN!! Just got an offer from LSE for maths and eco, ABB.

Im so happy !!

HAs anyone else heard?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leeroy)

Im so happy !!

HAs anyone else heard?
Yay!!!!!!!! Well done xxx
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks, makes up for the oxford rejection
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leeroy)

Im so happy !!

HAs anyone else heard?
when did u apply?
Girl234
Report 16 years ago
I got waitlisted at LSE around the end of December but on the 14th of Jan I got accepted with an unconditional offer. I did send some additional information, though. So if you have anything to send, do it, because I'm sure they'd like to see continued interest. OH! and they told me I wouldn't find out until march, so you may find out sooner than you think. Good luck!
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Girl234)
I got waitlisted at LSE around the end of December but on the 14th of Jan I got accepted with an unconditional offer. I did send some additional information, though. So if you have anything to send, do it, because I'm sure they'd like to see continued interest. OH! and they told me I wouldn't find out until march, so you may find out sooner than you think. Good luck!
what course did u apply for? hav u finished ur a levels already or r they giving unconditional just because they love u?
am still waiting for this pooey uni... lol
oh - and congrats!!
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
when did u apply?
about 20th september, absolteyl ages ago
princess-renamed
[cheers for all the info!, oh rite so they said they would reply in March bu they replied earlier. I was reading the letter and it says that i can send additional information. What kind of additional infomation should i send them?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (445)
59.02%
Yes- I don't like it (42)
5.57%
No- I want it (217)
28.78%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.63%

Watched Threads