The Student Room Group

UCAS App Urgent Help!

Hi everybody!

I'm an international student, and I'm applying to Cambridge among other places, so my deadline is in only 2 weeks! So I have a few questions:

1. Is the ACT Year 10 Certificate (Australia) considered an "official qualification"? It is not listed on the list of official qualifications on UCAS, but I'm scared that if I don't include it I might be penalised in some way. Furthermore, if it is obligatory to include it, what do I put under modules? The thing is basically a list of every semester course and grade I received in years 9 and 10, which makes for a total of 28, and it seems weird that I'd be expected to enter all of them.

2. Do I have to put down future SAT tests? And if I do, is it possible to enter the scores after I've sent the application?

3. How do they verify that I didn't lie about my SAT scores? Who do I have to send official score reports, and will I be asked to do that later or what?

4. Under the education section, do I put every single school I've ever went to since Year 1 or...?

5. During about the third week in December, I will have to do the IB mocks at school, so I'll be unavailable for interview, which I put in the application. Does this put me in a disadvantage with Cambridge or any other unis, as they usually have interviews around that time?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hello there,
I'm from NZ and have just sent in my application, so I might be able to help you from a Southern-Hemisphere perspective, at least :smile:
1. I wouldn't enter that - the general idea is to only enter stuff from Year 11 onwards (so I entered my officially recognised grades so far by New Zealand - NCEA Levels 1 and 2).
2. I'm not sure about SATs - my careers counsellor said they're not required at all (but are you applying for the US?). Don't put it down if you haven't yet received it.
3. I imagine you would send it to the universities themselves, maybe scans of your transcripts? I took the LNAT a few weeks ago and Pearson automatically emails my score to the relevant universities - perhaps something like that will happen with the SAT.
4. I would enter them all anyway, cover that base.
5. I have the same problem as my external exams are then - a girl who was accepted to Oxford last year from my school did her interview via Skype, and another flew up (the hour after her last exam) to Hong Kong to interview there. My careers counsellor said a request can be made with the dates you're sitting exams so they'll postpone your interview, so I've had that done because I want to interview at Oxford (and actually see the college and the town :biggrin:). Forget about any end-of-year festivities like grad ball and leavers' dinners, though :frown:
Reply 2
You only include your education as that you are 11 or so - for the UK this is when you change to secondary school but I don't know if it is different for you. So you would only put every school that you have been to since year one if this is later than that.

If you need to require verification of your SAT scores then they will ask you to provide proof of this. This will usually be in the form of a certificate, or they may accept a letter from your referee. You would be asked to do this later and they will provide details of who to send this to and how they would like it.
Reply 3
OK, thanks for the answers guys. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending