Turn on thread page Beta

Are they being mean, or just trying to include me watch

So I moved into halls last week, and my flatmates are alright. I don't really talk to them that much 'cause I'm incredibly shy and they're all quite loud and outgoing, and I dunno that probably seems rude to them that I'm not hanging out with the rest of the flat. I have a friend from college who came to my uni, so I've been mainly hanging out with him and his flatmates ('cause I get on a lot better with them than mine).

So I went out with said friends last night and came back to find that they'd left fire extinguishers, a chair and a desk fan thing outside my door along with a note telling me happy birthday and happy christmas. I tried to laugh it off and pretend it was funny, but it kinda sounds like they just wanna p*** me off.
    And then today some of my food was gone, I don't mind sharing but when you just take food outta my cupboard that's just f****** stealing.

I don't want to be the flat mate that has problems with everything or can't stand a bit if harmless teasing, but nor do I want to be walked on all year. So I don't know what to do, and I'm now in a bad mood.
    I half wanna scrap uni and just go home, but then I think that I'll have to go through this at some point. Plus it will hopefully be better when I meet people doing my course, more friends and that.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good idea to try and stick it out cos it's hard, but you learn a lot from stuff like this and you're right, you do have to go through it at some point.

I'd laugh off the door thing and maybe talk to them about it if it happens again. With the food issue, I wouldn't accuse anyone but just ask them if they know where it went and keep things you think might get nicked in your room if you can or see if you could get a lock for anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.