Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to pick mechanics or decision for maths.
    Some people say that decision is boring but easy,
    while others say mechanics is interesting and more useful. but to be honest i don't really understand mechanics at the moment and I'm finding it difficult right now . Also i didn't really get the vectors in GCSE maths and i heard it comes up in mechanics.
    Also is decision kinda like stats is for being a tedious subject?
    Because normally we only does statistics for A2 rather than A1.
    Also the teachers say that once you understand mechanics you find it easier, but is that true?
    which would be the better off option for someone who is not quite so good at maths?
    Also will it affect your Uni application, compared to someone who did mechanics rather than decision?
    Also you see the exams papers are the questions really long and hard to understand?

Please help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by applepiie)
    I don't know whether to pick mechanics or decision for maths.
    Some people say that decision is boring but easy,
    while others say mechanics is interesting and more useful. but to be honest i don't really understand mechanics at the moment and I'm finding it difficult right now . Also i didn't really get the vectors in GCSE maths and i heard it comes up in mechanics.
    Also is decision kinda like stats is for being a tedious subject?
    Because normally we only does statistics for A2 rather than A1.
    Also the teachers say that once you understand mechanics you find it easier, but is that true?
    which would be the better off option for someone who is not quite so good at maths?
    Also will it affect your Uni application, compared to someone who did mechanics rather than decision?
    Also you see the exams papers are the questions really long and hard to understand?

Please help

I would advice that you do mechanics over decision any day. Not only is decision less respected, but with mechanics in the exam you can get away with not writing every step but for decision you have to.

ReputationRep:
    I've done both. In my opinion, if you do Physics, do Mechanics. If not (and especially if you don't like vectors) do Decision. Yeah it's boring, but it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    I did both on AQA. I enjoyed M1 a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    Mechanics is more interesting, more useful and more respected. Its also harder. Your choice

ReputationRep:
    I've started doing mechanics. Your teacher's right. It seems hard at first, but once you get it, it's easy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.