Turn on thread page Beta

Recording of spotify - NO STEREO MIX option...HELP PLEASE! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I usually use audacity to record of spotify, but I have no stereo mix option in my recording devices....even when I press show disabled devices etc its not there.

I then realised ******* bill gates/toshiba removed the stereomix option of vista to stop people recording streaming music.

Is there a solution to get the stereo mix back, I am currently in the process of downloading a retarded Realtek driver update to see if that helps.

Any suggestions/solutions would be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you can enable it on vista, but i'm sure you could buy an external sound card which it would record on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryvision)
    i don't think you can enable it on vista, but i'm sure you could buy an external sound card which it would record on?
    Hmmmm I probably could get a cheap external soundcard actually, but I am going to try this software called Jet Audio first which apparently has a built in stereomix. Thanks for the suggestion, I might actually have to go down that direction.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you trying to record off Spotify?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    Why are you trying to record off Spotify?
    How else can I get music?
    mp3ify.com sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryvision)
    SOLVED!

I downloaded a HD driver from Realtek (soundcard makers) and it installed a stereomix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatorade)
    How else can I get music?
    mp3ify.com sucks.
    Well you could torrent/download it, or dare I say, even buy it

All of these methods are better than recording off Spotify

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.