Turn on thread page Beta

Using science to prove evolution wrong watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmm maybe the OP does have some knowledge maybe he doesn't. Simply telling someone to go do some reading isn't enough at least point them in the right direction.
    Biochemistry and molecular biology, is what you might be looking for. Though you'll need some background biology in order to fully grasp some concepts and and Chemistry for the biosciences. Its more a A-level chemistry for first year undergraduates so goes into more detail at what you learn at A levels.

Insulting someone never helps in them acknowledging your point of you...quite simply...makes you look like a noob.

Anyways. To the OP what actually makes you believe or creates doubt about the theory of evolution. Think carefully. As once we talk about evolution we already accept that the cell is alive, is able to replicate it'self. When you created this thread what made you question the theory of evolution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkTitan)
    Hmm maybe the OP does have some knowledge maybe he doesn't.
    No, they don't, post after post has amply displayed that.
    Simply telling someone to go do some reading isn't enough at least point them in the right direction.
    I've heard of this thing, they call it... Google. Apparently, when you type things like 'synthetic biology' especially into a bit they call Google Scholar, then you find all sorts of interesting stuff. I thought most people new about this.
    Biochemistry and molecular biology, is what you might be looking for. Though you'll need some background biology in order to fully grasp some concepts and and Chemistry for the biosciences. Its more a A-level chemistry for first year undergraduates so goes into more detail at what you learn at A levels.
    So your advice is to go and read first year text books? Great advice. Start with pop. sci. first, Dawkins, Dennett and Gould for example. Dry textbooks are hardly the right tool to convince a sceptic.

Insulting someone never helps in them acknowledging your point of you...quite simply...makes you look like a noob.
    It actually wasn't an insult, it was a statement of fact. Tbh I'm not interested in making the OP acknowledge my point of few as pages and pages of this thread have shown that they can't do that, even with clear and concise arguments put against them by a lot of people.
    Also, I'd be careful who you call a noob around here, 130 posts doesn't give you the right to start swinging your **** around.

ReputationRep:
    The textbook's themselves although won't explain evolution would give a great understanding on how, simply put all the little stuff work, then you'd kinda jigsaw it and put it all together
    Ohh so the posts now determine the full intelligence of someone? Interesting concept.

Dawkins, way to go, a guy hell bent ... whoops hell doesn't exist for athiests does it? Black hole bent on proving creationists wrong.

I find it quite interesting how irritated atheists get, excuse my logic but when they say why do you believe in god this this this. When the creationists say the same...why don't you believe in god...this this this, and they get frustrated too. It just goes to show everyone wants to be right, everyone wants to dominate? Is this some kind of accomplishment people are trying to achieve...haha luk i made him luk stupid hes rong im rite haha. No need to get internet violent over it.

To each their own, no need to get frustrated about it I mean you only have round 100 years to live and then you'll turn to dust no one even knowing who you are after a few years, why spend it on hating someone?

But nooo i'll probaberly get attacked for saying that lol funny

btw google scholar? First time I heard of that awasome thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkTitan)
    The textbook's themselves although won't explain evolution would give a great understanding on how, simply put all the little stuff work, then you'd kinda jigsaw it and put it all together
    But they are not going to be a gripping read and miss the key thing that is neccessary here - cogent argument.

Ohh so the posts now determine the full intelligence of someone? Interesting concept.
    I said nothing about intelligence.

Dawkins, way to go, a guy hell bent ... whoops hell doesn't exist for athiests does it? Black hole bent on proving creationists wrong.
    Dawkins' early works on evolution are excellent popular science works written by an expert in the field. Regardless of his views on religion, to ignore his contribution to this area would by highly biased and unscholarly.

I find it quite interesting how irritated atheists get, excuse my logic but when they say why do you believe in god this this this. When the creationists say the same...why don't you believe in god...this this this, and they get frustrated too. It just goes to show everyone wants to be right, everyone wants to dominate? Is this some kind of accomplishment people are trying to achieve...haha luk i made him luk stupid hes rong im rite haha. No need to get internet violent over it.
    To each their own, no need to get frustrated about it I mean you only have round 100 years to live and then you'll turn to dust no one even knowing who you are after a few years, why spend it on hating someone?
    I presume you are being general here rather than addressing this at me. I haven't tried to frame this debate in anything other than it is: A discussion of the evidence underlying a key scientific theory that I believe is prompted by a misunderstanding caused by scientific illiteracy. The religious views of people are not the point.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.