Turn on thread page Beta

US Intelligence: Bin Laden involved in European terror plot. watch

ReputationRep:
    US Intelligence believe that Osama Bin Laden was involves in the plot to carry out 'Mumbai-style' terror attacks in several European countries.

Sources: [BBC News] [Fox News] (yes I know :facepalm:)

ReputationRep:
    Bin Laden works with the US. Source

/Thread

ReputationRep:
    is he not dead yet?

I'm fairly sure that mincing around in the pakistan/afghan mountains for over a decade at his age would have killed him by now

ReputationRep:
    Who is financing Uncle Osam? I just don't get this. One side spends billions of money whereas the other side allegedly lives in a cave, if Al-Jizzeera is to be believed. His ''army'' also consists of men who bomb girls on their way to school and manage to kill more of their own. WTF? Who the hell is this rich enough?

- It definitely isn't the Saudis and their friends on the Persian peninsula. They are too backwards to do anything but chase petrodollars. All the other Arab countries are dirt poor and some are allies.

- Iran is Shi'a and although there may be some benefactors who sponsor strife in Lebanon, I doubt they would prop up a Sunni extremist movement.

- Pakistan is .....AHEM.

China? Russia?

Israel?

(Sparta?! :gah: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone.)
    - Iran is Shi'a and although there may be some benefactors who sponsor strife in Lebanon, I doubt they would prop up a Sunni extremist movement.
    Well, I heard that Iran were hiding him and someone actually had an opportunity to locate him (he buys loads of falcons or something and they were going to put some kind of GPS locator on one of them) but the US did nothing. Perhaps they've put aside religious differences because of their mutual hate of the West? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, if he isn't yet dead, which is maybe a possibillity seeing as no one has heard from him for years. Then he's on the run, He's got what a Ak47 and a cave to call home along the Afghani- Pakistani border, if he was being sheltered by the Iranians - then it would be all over Al Jazeera by now , it wouldn't take much for him to turn around and say "Hahhaha America you can't touch me here" He is really not in the position to organize terror strikes and none of his subordinates are either, they may boast about attacks, did they organise them? I'll bet my Chelsea season ticket they didn't, July 7th was terrible, but it was done by a group of flamin amateurs- who what, got their instructions off the back of a cereal box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    is he not dead yet?

I'm fairly sure that mincing around in the pakistan/afghan mountains for over a decade at his age would have killed him by now

He's only 53....

Shares my dad's birthday. ;D

ReputationRep:
    53 in the Pakistani mountains, start planning your funeral arrangements, heck I'll even send some flowers

ReputationRep:
    **** your lives

One man, the whole world is after him and he's not only still hidden but actually carrying out attacks that we know about, how more stupid can we get?

ReputationRep:
    They suspect personal involvement?

Sounds like a load of cack to me, real life isn't like James Bond.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they suspect personal involvement. He has an army remember. He just give the orders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    **** your lives

One man, the whole world is after him and he's not only still hidden but actually carrying out attacks that we know about, how more stupid can we get?
    Yes this. :facepalm:

Isn't he 6'7'' or something as well? You'd think he'd stick out like a sore thumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    He's only 53....

I bet you've never seen them both together in the same room have you? Highly suspicious...

ReputationRep:
    Bin Laden is smarter and richer than all of us. He lives in a cave because he chose to live in a cave, not because he's some idiot...hate him or love him..but you should respect him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    They suspect personal involvement?

Sounds like a load of cack to me, real life isn't like James Bond.
    ROFL. This made me imagine Osama Bin Laden in a smart tuxedo drinking champagne at some corporate event in the middle of London

He'd fit right in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    He's only 53....

Hes known to have some serious health issues I cant remember exactly), in fact they speculated whether he was dead or not either, and frankly he hasn't been seen in a long long time.

ReputationRep:
    Hes known to have some serious health issues I cant remember exactly), in fact they speculated whether he was dead or not either, and frankly he hasn't been seen in a long long time.
    lol, he just issued a new tape about the floods in Pakistan

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/as...560631340.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Well, I heard that Iran were hiding him and someone actually had an opportunity to locate him (he buys loads of falcons or something and they were going to put some kind of GPS locator on one of them) but the US did nothing. Perhaps they've put aside religious differences because of their mutual hate of the West? :dontknow:
    That sounds like another excuse to attack Iran and drum up public support for another war really. Anything to make the Americans forget the funereal caskets coming home by the dozen. I cant believe that a criminal mastermind...because he must be to be one of the most wanted men in history....would pop into a petshop and pick up a few birdies or whatever. Why would Iran work with a guy who would gladly defecate all over the faces of the Mullahs?To him, they're infidels and vice versa. They're like the Tom and Jerry of the extremist world....no WAY would they work together like that.

I also think the fact that the US did nothing is very telling. They could have been heroes and captured the one man responsible for killing so many innocents....using a glorified SatNav....and they didn't? They dont care about collateral damage so it can't be that.

What is it it going to be this time? 46 MINUTES?! :zomg:

(But still. This crap doesn't make sense to me. I always thought the point of intelligence officers was......to have some intelligence. Gah.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone.)
    That sounds like another excuse to attack Iran and drum up public support for another war really. Anything to make the Americans forget the funereal caskets coming home by the dozen. I cant believe that a criminal mastermind...because he must be to be one of the most wanted men in history....would pop into a petshop and pick up a few birdies or whatever. Why would Iran work with a guy who would gladly defecate all over the faces of the Mullahs?To him, they're infidels and vice versa. They're like the Tom and Jerry of the extremist world....no WAY would they work together like that.

I also think the fact that the US did nothing is very telling. They could have been heroes and captured the one man responsible for killing so many innocents....using a glorified SatNav....and they didn't? They dont care about collateral damage so it can't be that.

What is it it going to be this time? 46 MINUTES?! :zomg:

(But still. This crap doesn't make sense to me. I always thought the point of intelligence officers was......to have some intelligence. Gah.)
    Well, I'm not saying he is hiding in Iran, I'm just saying it's a possibility. If they could put their differences aside and concentrate on attacking the West, they'd be perfect partners - Iran's got the dosh and Bin Laden and al-Qaeda have the personnel. Like you said, where else could he be? Who else would keep him safe? I find it hard to believe he'd be alive in Afghanistan (US are there) or Pakistan (constant drone attacks) so the only other possibility I see is that he's dead. But then, why would the US lie about it? Surely saying he's dead looks better than saying he's alive and at large, after all these years of trying to catch him?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    See if the Americans were not so stuck up their own patriotic holes Uncle Osama would have had a British sniper's bullet in the back of his head. But oh no the Americans wanted him alive. :facepalm:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.