Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

US Intelligence: Bin Laden involved in European terror plot. watch

ReputationRep:
    but you should respect him
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Are you taking the mick, he's a mass murderer, killing thousands of innocent people just to have a crack at the westand he lives in a cave because he knows that if he comes out of hiding then he's fair game to the Americans, I've got nothing but contempt and disgust for this man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Well, I'm not saying he is hiding in Iran, I'm just saying it's a possibility. If they could put their differences aside and concentrate on attacking the West, they'd be perfect partners - Iran's got the dosh and Bin Laden and al-Qaeda have the personnel. Like you said, where else could he be? Who else would keep him safe? I find it hard to believe he'd be alive in Afghanistan (US are there) or Pakistan (constant drone attacks) so the only other possibility I see is that he's dead. But then, why would the US lie about it? Surely saying he's dead looks better than saying he's alive and at large, after all these years of trying to catch him?
    But why would the Iranians care? He was in Pakistani and near the Afghan borders for a long time while coalition soldiers were patrolling the area and they still couldn't catch him then.

Iran hasn't got the dosh either. A lot of bravado maybe but not too much money. Have you ever watched Mahmoud live? He's very good at ad-libbing and using smoke+mirrors. A lot of their assets have been frozen via economic sanctions and everything else is closely monitored. The Sunnis would just take their money and then topple Iran through sheer manpower as soon as they are done. Not even a rape alarm could save them then.

Terrorists think of Shias as kaffirs....that is, they smell of piss, beer and pork too. :top2:

I say he's just a front and not the real leader of Al-Qaeda, whoever they are.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hes hiding up my ass. Come one guys, this is ridiculous. There is no evidence he is even alive let alone apart of any recent terrorist plot. I don't know why people want to portray him as some mastermind of all terror attacks who sits behind a desk and pushes buttons.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I heard that Iran were hiding him and someone actually had an opportunity to locate him (he buys loads of falcons or something and they were going to put some kind of GPS locator on one of them) but the US did nothing. Perhaps they've put aside religious differences because of their mutual hate of the West? :dontknow:
    I see what you mean by their hate of the West but I think that something to have in mind is that the Iranian government are the one who hate the West, not the people. I find it hard to believe that Iranians will be hiding him when a lot of them want a pro-West regime back.

The media is very confusing nowadays and I think we all have to be careful about what we read and watch. I may be being naive by think most Iranians are against its government but some personal experience makes me believe this. I think religion is a big thing for those that support the current goverment in Iran and they are not really aware of what happens outside their own city so I don't think they will be able to set their religious differences aside either as for them religion is the TOP thing.

However, Ahmadinejad is good with doing things without anyone else finding out so he could have arranged something to hide terrorists there but this is something I really don't want to know because the only way we could find out is by the US invading Iran and I think they already have enough territory in the Middle East.

Just my opinion btw

ReputationRep:
    He is dead, died years ago or never existed.

ReputationRep:
    Bin Laden is paid to do this.

ReputationRep:
    I presume this is the same US Intelligence that said Iraq has WMDs? The same US Intelligence that can't seem to track down an old man in a cave?

Osama is unbelievably wealthy though, like ridiculously filthy rich (where he gets the money from is open to speculation) and who knows if he's dead or alive but Americans seem to think they take one man down and the whole international network of Al-Qaeda will just collapse. It won't.

ReputationRep:
    US Intelligence? That's a contradiction in terms, if ever I did hear one.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    I presume this is the same US Intelligence that said Iraq has WMDs?
    :rofl: This is what immediatley came to my head as well.
    US Intelligence :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyousure?)
    I see what you mean by their hate of the West but I think that something to have in mind is that the Iranian government are the one who hate the West, not the people. I find it hard to believe that Iranians will be hiding him when a lot of them want a pro-West regime back.

The media is very confusing nowadays and I think we all have to be careful about what we read and watch. I may be being naive by think most Iranians are against its government but some personal experience makes me believe this. I think religion is a big thing for those that support the current goverment in Iran and they are not really aware of what happens outside their own city so I don't think they will be able to set their religious differences aside either as for them religion is the TOP thing.

However, Ahmadinejad is good with doing things without anyone else finding out so he could have arranged something to hide terrorists there but this is something I really don't want to know because the only way we could find out is by the US invading Iran and I think they already have enough territory in the Middle East.

Just my opinion btw
    True, and I definitely believe that many Iranians don't want Ahmadinejad in charge (those protests after the 'election' didn't come from nowhere, after all), but do you really think that would stop them from hiding Bin Laden? I dunno... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone.)
    But why would the Iranians care? He was in Pakistani and near the Afghan borders for a long time while coalition soldiers were patrolling the area and they still couldn't catch him then.

Iran hasn't got the dosh either. A lot of bravado maybe but not too much money. Have you ever watched Mahmoud live? He's very good at ad-libbing and using smoke+mirrors. A lot of their assets have been frozen via economic sanctions and everything else is closely monitored. The Sunnis would just take their money and then topple Iran through sheer manpower as soon as they are done. Not even a rape alarm could save them then.

Terrorists think of Shias as kaffirs....that is, they smell of piss, beer and pork too. :top2:

I say he's just a front and not the real leader of Al-Qaeda, whoever they are.
    Oh sure, I don't mean Iran's rich but they've certainly got enough money to fund a terrorist attack or two. And, if they're not shielding him then who is? Perhaps he is dead and someone else is leading al-Queda like you say. It'd certainly be a lot easier to run a terrorist organisation if you didn't have the United States on your ass, like Bin Laden does/did.

ReputationRep:
    US Intelligence believe that Osama Bin Laden was involves in the plot to carry out 'Mumbai-style' terror attacks in several European countries.

Sources: [BBC News] [Fox News] (yes I know :facepalm:)

Bin Laden works for the US, hes just the public Face of Americas war on 'Terror'

USA doing what it does best scare mongering in time for the November Elections

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I doubt Osama is this criminal mastermind many perceive him to be. I don't doubt he exists but I am sceptical about his involvement in ALL the plots governments claim he's been involved in.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sure, I don't mean Iran's rich but they've certainly got enough money to fund a terrorist attack or two. And, if they're not shielding him then who is? Perhaps he is dead and someone else is leading al-Queda like you say. It'd certainly be a lot easier to run a terrorist organisation if you didn't have the United States on your ass, like Bin Laden does/did.

If its so easy to stop people crossing the border ...why does a rich country like America fail to stop the supply of Weapons from America into Mexico Drug war ? or even stop illegal mexican immigration ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    Bin Laden works for the US, hes just the public Face of Americas war on 'Terror'

USA doing what it does best scare mongering in time for the November Elections
    Might be some truth in this. Without an alive Bin Laden, America's war seems a bit pointless and unnecessary really. In any war, the people need a common enemy who they can direct their hate at and use as justification for their actions.
    If you think about it, without Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, there's no real reason for the "war on terror"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    If its so easy to stop people crossing the border ...why does a rich country like America fail to stop the supply of Weapons from America into Mexico Drug war ? or even stop illegal mexican immigration ?
    I never said it was easy to stop people crossing borders? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabaluBabalu)
    Might be some truth in this. Without an alive Bin Laden, America's war seems a bit pointless and unnecessary really. In any war, the people need a common enemy who they can direct their hate at and use as justification for their actions.
    If you think about it, without Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, there's no real reason for the "war on terror"
    exactly is not some wild accusation, the US has a long history of playing the invisible hand behind the scenes

Alot of what the 'conspiracy theories' says makes sense if you look at it from the American Public Perspective who have a very different culture,media and politics to those of other western countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by β€ÐÏŔ™)
    Hes known to have some serious health issues I cant remember exactly), in fact they speculated whether he was dead or not either, and frankly he hasn't been seen in a long long time.

sounds like something he wants, us to stop looking

ReputationRep:

I don't think you're quite aware of the level of emnity between Shias and Sunnis. No way in hell bin Laden would trust the Iranians, he's not that stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I don't think you're quite aware of the level of emnity between Shias and Sunnis. No way in hell bin Laden would trust the Iranians, he's not that stupid.
    Exactly. I'm surprised that no one hasn't commented on this. Iran funding Bin laden. A sunni extremist who most likely doesn't even regard Shiaism as a valid sect in Islam.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.