The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Tell her to do her job & teach the class, not use your work to do her job for her.
Reformed2010
1. The fact that you can't steal my identity does not stop the personal statement from being a private document. Something can be private and not treated confidentially, like private land.

2. Yes I am aware what I listed are extremes. However if a teacher took my diary, is that both not private and a personal document? there are no dangers of stealing my identity. So simply being able to steal an identity is not the soul factor in judging the 'morality' of publicising a personal document.

3. Its not about copying the content? there is absolutely no risk of plagiarism? and you can speak for everyone I take it? I knew plenty of people who did in my college. I am known to be pretty idealistic, but you just stated no student in Britain would or have plagiarise a personal document, come on now...

4. It is an issue.

At the end of the day, its all about respect and professionalism. Something a teacher is suppose to embody. You may think what the teacher has done is harmless, and on the grand scales of things it is!. My teachers always asked my permission before they copied and handed out my essays to the class. I never once told them they should ask me before. But guess what? its called something...

R E S P E C T. Find out what it means to me!

1. Just because something is private doesn't mean someone shouldn't ask if it can be shared.

2 / 3. As I said above, if you allow a student to read it, but don't allow them to have a copy, unless they have photographic memory they will not be able to copy it, but will still benefit from seeing the structure / style.

4. The teacher hasn't done anything. "Would you mind if I showed some other students your PS?" is not lacking in either respect or professionalism.....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 62
Thankyou everyonee
I'm getting my application submitted tomorrow
Next wednesday is when she's planning on going through personal statements so mine will have been sent off by then
I've decided to tell her that I can write down the structure for the class but they can't see my statement

Also, someone was confused as to why I spent a long time researching for my PS
it was to gain an insight into the role and expectations of a midwife and to understand recent debates in the field

And to those who wanted to know why I was bothered as they probably aren't applying to the same course, the 4 are applying to midwifery and 6 to nursing :smile:

Thanks everyone, now I know I'm not being selfish and crazy haha x

Latest

Trending

Trending