Turn on thread page Beta

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0man)
    15th of Jan
    ANyone else on the same day?
    I also have an interview on the 15th january
    Found out on the 30th november which is my birthday, best birthday present ever wooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodboy4444)
    Its between HYMS and dundee!I think its going to be HYMS!

Is a ukcat score of 627.5 enough to apply?Thanks.
    I got that exact score and I got in!

ReputationRep:
    I have read this thread and nobody seems to have an interview later than Jan 29th. Mine is Jan 15th and I'm currently in Australia on a gap year. I want the latest date possible as I've not heard from my other schools and will have to travel back. Does anybody know when the interview period ends?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. How is everyone's interview prep going? I have no idea how to start answering some of these questions :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMaverick9)
    Hey guys. How is everyone's interview prep going? I have no idea how to start answering some of these questions :confused:
    Which questions you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Australian Dreamer)
    I have read this thread and nobody seems to have an interview later than Jan 29th. Mine is Jan 15th and I'm currently in Australia on a gap year. I want the latest date possible as I've not heard from my other schools and will have to travel back. Does anybody know when the interview period ends?

Thanks!

Heyy the last interview date for HYMS is the 29th January (they told us this in the acknowledgment email).

I was offered an interview for 16th Decemeber but got mine rescheduled to the 5th January due to work commitments. Considering your situation, they'll be happy to reschedule you if you email them explaining your situation =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medpotter)
    Let's start with "Why Medicine?"

ReputationRep:
    dreading my interview on the 8th! I hope it goes well.... scarreedddd :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy1234)
    dreading my interview on the 8th! I hope it goes well.... scarreedddd :/
    I reckon mine will go south. Not enough prep about their course and the abstract questions....
    They were certainly right about bringing outdoor clothes and shoes - York hit -18 last night apparently!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon mine will go south. Not enough prep about their course and the abstract questions....
    They were certainly right about bringing outdoor clothes and shoes - York hit -18 last night apparently!
    WHATT -18!! I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE -2!! argh. Gosh tell me about it their course, spent ages trying to make sense of it! What do i have to wear?! Hopefully they'll take pity on us interviewees !

ReputationRep:
    WHATT -18!! I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE -2!! argh. Gosh tell me about it their course, spent ages trying to make sense of it! What do i have to wear?! Hopefully they'll take pity on us interviewees !
    No idea whether you are male/female. I am lucky in one respect that I just wear a suit -not so because i'll roll up in walking boots.....

ReputationRep:
    No idea whether you are male/female. I am lucky in one respect that I just wear a suit -not so because i'll roll up in walking boots.....
    female. haha yeah tbh i don't think they'd mind people wearing walking boots due to the weather. I hope the interviews go well!!

ReputationRep:
    female. haha yeah tbh i don't think they'd mind people wearing walking boots due to the weather. I hope the interviews go well!!
    Likewise! Snow in womens' shoes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macpro)
    Heyy the last interview date for HYMS is the 29th January (they told us this in the acknowledgment email).

I was offered an interview for 16th Decemeber but got mine rescheduled to the 5th January due to work commitments. Considering your situation, they'll be happy to reschedule you if you email them explaining your situation =)
    Thanks for the info, I've only had an email (I'm not at home to pick up the post) so I had no idea. Its not a great result that they don't interview in Feb, but I suppose I'd better book some flights! Good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medpotter)
    What would you say to the question:
    How would you feel if a patient died due to your mistake? (Hardest Medical School question if you ask me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tome27)
    I have had ice on the inside of my windows twice so far! Although I am in old accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trektor)
    I have had ice on the inside of my windows twice so far! Although I am in old accommodation.
    The tour will be a laugh then! First ever interview I've had to bring 2 pairs of shoes to.

ReputationRep:
    Likewise! Snow in womens' shoes?
    not good. trust me. Just gonna wear some pumps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMaverick9)
    What would you say to the question:
    How would you feel if a patient died due to your mistake? (Hardest Medical School question if you ask me).
    i would say 'i would feel devastated and very guilty, but would try my best to learn from my mistakes and move on, putting it all into experience that help develop me as a person and a doctor. and ofc learn never to do that again'

ReputationRep:
    what date is your interview on? I am wearing a black pinafore style dress to mine with tights small heels and a cardigan. my interview isnt til the 15th of jan, i was just so happy when i got the interview that i have already bought the outfit....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.