Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had anybody got their interview tomorrow? I'm quite lonely here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurencebaker1)
    Had anybody got their interview tomorrow? I'm quite lonely here!
    I do!

I can't believe how nervous i am

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys! u are the last ones! we are waiting for february to come and know our results!!

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys! u are the last ones! we are waiting for february to come and know our results!!
    :O do we find out in feburary?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it doesn't take 3 plus weeks like last year to find out whether we get an offer or not. Surely the scores can be easily calculated once all of the interviews are complete?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMaverick9)
    I hope it doesn't take 3 plus weeks like last year to find out whether we get an offer or not. Surely the scores can be easily calculated once all of the interviews are complete?
    What happened last year? 3 weeks between final interview date and decisions?
    You note how I daren't say offer lest I tempt fate. Obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    Well looking at last year's forum, the final interview date was something like the 30th of Jan and they didn't receive a decision until late February. A painstaking wait if you ask me . I suppose they did say late February anyway so I guess we will just have to be patient and wait and see. Easier said than done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy1234)
    :O do we find out in feburary?
    they said end of february....but we'll see...i hope its mid-feb at least...cant wait anymore since i had my interview on the 16th dec!

ReputationRep:
    they said end of february....but we'll see...i hope its mid-feb at least...cant wait anymore since i had my interview on the 16th dec
    know what you mean... but i had mine on the 8TH!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love Jane Adams. Can't believe she's retiring. She's part of the reason I've applied here!

This wait will be painful

ReputationRep:
    When I looked last year, the offers starting coming in on the 18th

ReputationRep:
    The best of luck to everybody!!

ReputationRep:
    When I looked last year, the offers starting coming in on the 18th
    Not long then! COuldn't help but notice that you're going to travel on your gap year- when do you start travelling? Thinking of doing some myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobs Your Teapot)
    Hey,

I was just looking through their sample questions and one of them is

Benefit scams are obviously illegal but would the interviewers expect you to say you'd report them if you'd exhausted all alternatives? Because I really can't imagine doing that... What if it was a friend stealing supplies from a hospital, obviously you'd have to report them then but in this situation?

Could do with some help, thanks!
    I'm afraid I have to politely disagree with the answer concord gave you saying to say you'd grass them up. as a doctor its against the hippocratic oath to break paiteint confidentiality UNLESS it puts the patient or someone else at risk. so if you are a dr and find out someones a benefit fraud, you can't grass them up (if you found out the info on a proffesional level that is from a patient, obv if a dr grasses up his mate it doesnt break any oath rules) but if you find out say, a patient is a pedo, you have to grass them up becasue it puts children at risk. so i wouldnt say grass on them, defo not.

give the truth, what would you ACTUALLY do in that situation. they dont want to hear what you think they want, they want to hear what you are really like as a person. also in my interview they never asked a single question off thoses sample q's so i wouldnt worry that that exact situation will be presented to you, just maybe something similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sy091392)
    i love those feelings!! i had a feeling ages ago i'd hear from somewhere on my bday any sure enough hmys emailed giving me an interview on my bday. then i thought yeah i bet the next uni doesnt get back to me til the week after the hyms interview, and sure enough my interiew was last saturday and another uni replied last wednesday!! i hope your intuitive feeling is accurate too and its good news
    I changed my mind when I realised the last interview date was later than I thought, seems too soon now! Im still hoping its not long though, my interview feels like it was such a long time ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sy091392)
    I'm afraid I have to politely disagree with the answer concord gave you saying to say you'd grass them up. as a doctor its against the hippocratic oath to break paiteint confidentiality UNLESS it puts the patient or someone else at risk. so if you are a dr and find out someones a benefit fraud, you can't grass them up (if you found out the info on a proffesional level that is from a patient, obv if a dr grasses up his mate it doesnt break any oath rules) but if you find out say, a patient is a pedo, you have to grass them up becasue it puts children at risk. so i wouldnt say grass on them, defo not.

give the truth, what would you ACTUALLY do in that situation. they dont want to hear what you think they want, they want to hear what you are really like as a person. also in my interview they never asked a single question off thoses sample q's so i wouldnt worry that that exact situation will be presented to you, just maybe something similar
    they didn't say it was when they were a dr/ friend was a patient-just that it was a friend so I stand by my reply ( also hes not the cheat-his family are). I've already warned my friends/family that if I get to be a dr, I'll never treat them! they'd ignore me anyway
    not sure total honesty is the best policy in med interview though hopefully we have probity anyway.

hope we all getgood news soon

ReputationRep:
    Any feelings on when the offers/rejections will be given out guys? This week or next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMaverick9)
    Any feelings on when the offers/rejections will be given out guys? This week or next week?
    i hope tommorow! but it may be next week...

ReputationRep:
    guys any feelings???? i really cant sleep!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andioula)
    guys any feelings???? i really cant sleep!!
    I promised myself I would be really cool and not keep checking my emails/track. it didn't work-I check several times a day. I still haven't heard from Leedsbut they have emailed a ton of rejections this week so I keep imagining 2 rejections waiting for me.
    have had palpatations twice when there wre messages with the word UCAS in them-both were just routine emails but enough to age me 10 years til I realised.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.