Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'll be firming HYMS when I hear back from my interview at Keele It'll definitely be my top choice. I'm a school leaver and it seems as though basically everyone else seems to have been on a gap year or a graduate; are there any other school leavers here who are gonna firm it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i think the majority of entrants will be school leavers. I think about 1/3 of the course are 20+ so dont worry. You wont even notice the age in freshers week. I myself am a graduate (but still young at heart)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smcc)
    I'll be firming HYMS when I hear back from my interview at Keele It'll definitely be my top choice. I'm a school leaver and it seems as though basically everyone else seems to have been on a gap year or a graduate; are there any other school leavers here who are gonna firm it?
    Cool Don't worry about it, only a third are graduates and the rest are school leavers and gap year applicants. You can't really tell the difference between them .

ReputationRep:
    Any1 heading up to York on the 14th of April for then open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    how pbl centered is HYMS?

What did you pick for your student selected component(s)?
    In 1st year, you get 2 cases studies on a thursday and discuss what you have done on a Monday. So you end up working throughout the whole weekend.

I have just done the Japanese ssc, there are loads to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    In 1st year, you get 2 cases studies on a thursday and discuss what you have done on a Monday. So you end up working throughout the whole weekend.

I have just done the Japanese ssc, there are loads to choose from.
    Niiiiice Hopefully I'll see you in September How's it going generally? Very stressful?

ReputationRep:
    I've still not firmed. I'm afraid.

I'm totally going to firm tomorrow! Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrow-legs)
    I've still not firmed. I'm afraid.

I'm totally going to firm tomorrow! Probably.
    Do it

Still in two minds about the decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmonkeyman)
    Do it

Still in two minds about the decision?
    Sort of. This sounds terrible, but seeing the city of Hull put me off a bit. I really liked the campus though, it had a happy vibe! I'm 99% sure I'll firm HYMS. Something inside has been yelling HYMS ever since UCAS started, and I can't think of toooo many times when following my gut instinct has lead me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmonkeyman)
    Niiiiice Hopefully I'll see you in September How's it going generally? Very stressful?
    Well exams are in 2 months so at the moment its very stressful lol. Sept- march was pretty chilled though. It depends on how much work you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrow-legs)
    Sort of. This sounds terrible, but seeing the city of Hull put me off a bit. I really liked the campus though, it had a happy vibe! I'm 99% sure I'll firm HYMS. Something inside has been yelling HYMS ever since UCAS started, and I can't think of toooo many times when following my gut instinct has lead me wrong.
    You will probably not see the rough side of hull during years 1-2 tbh. Everything involving you, will be either on campus, in town, at a local gp or hospital. No one ive talked to has regretted being in hull.

ReputationRep:
    I take it everyone else is still waiting for campus allocations?

ReputationRep:
    yesir

ReputationRep:
    Indeed we are!

ReputationRep:
    Come onnnnn!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Hull! Got the letter in the post this morning

ReputationRep:
    Ahh wicked!...Im at work, gonnna see if i can get some1 to open my post!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for med this year and I just wanna ask a quick question;

Where is the actual hyms medical school building? (I think its pictured on the website somewhere)
    Also, when you're invited to interview, do you go to either york or hull?

Sorry for the noob questions!

Oh and congrats to all who have had offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sablarrr)
    I'm applying for med this year and I just wanna ask a quick question;

Where is the actual hyms medical school building? (I think its pictured on the website somewhere)
    Also, when you're invited to interview, do you go to either york or hull?

Sorry for the noob questions!

Oh and congrats to all who have had offers!
    There are two Medical Schools, one at Hull University and one at York University. If you're invited to interview it will be at either Hull or York, it's completely random as to where yours will be!

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    The one on the website is the York Campus building. There is another one at the Hull campus.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.