Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can a ukcat score of 600 get an interview

ReputationRep:
    can a ukcat score of 600 get an interview
    Yeah sure it can!
    I sent my app off today fingers crossed i get an interview.
    If you read 'how we use the ukcat' on their website then it gives you quite a bit of info.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Got my acknowledgment through today!
    Now have to keep fingers crossed I get interviewed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Got my acknowledgment through today!
    Now have to keep fingers crossed I get interviewed
    me tooo!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    finally got form sent off. referee managed to spell my name wrong but had sent me copy of reference so I spotted it. spent yesterday chasing him to re-write it. was terrified would miss deadline.
    have gone for HYMS but nervous as they were asking 2010 people who got offers to take gap year as so full. have they got very popular very quickly?

ReputationRep:
    I applied this year, but I'm sceptical as I got rejected without interview last year.

Hopefully it goes better this time!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, HYMS first year fresher here based in York. Good luck everyone. Coming to HYMS has been one of the best decisions of my life. Feel free to ask me questions and I may answer them but I'm not checking TSR as often. If you PM me I may answer sooner as I get an e-mail saying I have a PM.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just received an e-mail from here asking for my UKCAT score and scores in each subtest.
    Just wondering if anyone else has received this e-mail?
    I assumed all UKCAT details were forwarded on to universities on november 8th?

ReputationRep:
    Just received an e-mail from here asking for my UKCAT score and scores in each subtest.
    I didn't get that but I did get emailed. I'm a reapplicant and they wanted to know what I'm planning to do for the year and to confirm that I was on a year out.
    Anyone else get that one? I'm worried that, because they had to ask, it wasn't clear enough in my personal statement/reference

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that's when they recieve ukcat results? :s
    I thought they recieved our ukcat straight away when our applications had been sent to our chosen unis.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Caramelchan)
    I didn't get that but I did get emailed. I'm a reapplicant and they wanted to know what I'm planning to do for the year and to confirm that I was on a year out.
    Anyone else get that one? I'm worried that, because they had to ask, it wasn't clear enough in my personal statement/reference
    Yeah I got that e-mail confirming I was on a gap year, asking what I was doing atm and what my plans were.
    Maybe they're making sure we aren't going abroad at any point this year?
    Yeah I worried that too.. but checked my PS and it's clear enough imo.
    So maybe contact from them is a good sign? hopefully :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jazzy1234)
    How do you know that's when they recieve ukcat results? :s
    I thought they recieved our ukcat straight away when our applications had been sent to our chosen unis.
    Ermm I'm not sure tbh.. Another person here mentioned it was the 8th.. and I think he's right.
    But could be wrong.. I am human lol :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I thought ukcat was sent to unis on 8th nov too. I put my scores on ucas form but I had to ask permission to apply as resitting one exam. They sent email to say I have passed the academic screening anyway. Think they are quite speedy compared to other unis ( tho Birm has already sent interview letters!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trektor)
    Hello, HYMS first year fresher here based in York. Good luck everyone. Coming to HYMS has been one of the best decisions of my life. Feel free to ask me questions and I may answer them but I'm not checking TSR as often. If you PM me I may answer sooner as I get an e-mail saying I have a PM.
    thanks for the offer. when did they send interview dates out last year? was hoping to avoid track obsession til mid Nov as applied mainly to unis that go by UKCAT but HYMS might start making decisions earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I was just Reading this thread as I have applied to HYMS too but I haven't heard anything yet, not even an acknowledgment. Do you think that's something to worry about? Has anybody else not had an acknowledgment yet? I sent my UCAS form on the 14th.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes I hope so! My Mum thinks it's a good thing too, so I'm determinedly not worrying

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got that e-mail confirming I was on a gap year, asking what I was doing atm and what my plans were.
    Maybe they're making sure we aren't going abroad at any point this year?
    Yeah I worried that too.. but checked my PS and it's clear enough imo.
    Hmm.. I have not had this e-mail.. I've had the acknowledgment though.

I'm a re-applicant .

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I also got an email on Monday asking me about my gap year. I think it's nice to know that they have already looked at our applications. Does anyone know when we are likely to find out if we have been selected for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblebird)
    Hi guys

I was just Reading this thread as I have applied to HYMS too but I haven't heard anything yet, not even an acknowledgment. Do you think that's something to worry about? Has anybody else not had an acknowledgment yet? I sent my UCAS form on the 14th.

Thanks
    I'm in the same situation and sent form off on the same day as you too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mariam

I'm glad that I'm not all alone in this, but it is a bit nerve wracking isnt it, after reading the replies on here? I just wanted to ask you, are you a graduate? Because I am applying as a graduate, so I thought maybe they look at graduates later. At least I hope its a perfectly innocent explanation like that

edit: sorry just read your sig and realised youre not a graduate, so bang goes that theory

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.