The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Yeah I got that e-mail confirming I was on a gap year, asking what I was doing atm and what my plans were.
Maybe they're making sure we aren't going abroad at any point this year?
Yeah I worried that too.. but checked my PS and it's clear enough imo.
So maybe contact from them is a good sign? hopefully :yep:

I am on a year out and haven't had this email. I hope I've made it clear enough - although I've mentioned going abroad next year which is not really feasible during exams - and i'm not retaking so have full A levels listed.
Not pleased now:s-smilie:.
Original post by mariam-x
Ah yes I am sorry! I think it may due to the fact our forms were submitted very close to the deadline, and most forms and submitted around the deadline, I would like to hear something soon though!

That seems like a perfectly valid explanation considering I sent my application off just over 2 weeks before the deadline.
Reply 62
I haven't receieved an e-mail about my gap year plans- and i'm on a gap year- what's going on?!
Reply 63
Original post by jazzy1234
I haven't receieved an e-mail about my gap year plans- and i'm on a gap year- what's going on?!

Know how you feel - found another person who's got one as well. I just hope they don't have the wrong idea.
All of you guys just need to take a breath and relax. Think about the situation logically. There is no way they can fully get through all of the applications in five days worth of work and find out who has had a gap year and who hasn't. It simply isn't feasible. So just sit back and relax because it probably isn't hugely relevant at this stage.
Reply 65
Hey, I'm going for HYMS :biggrin:
ANybody know when they started handing out interview invitations last year?
Reply 66
Original post by m0man
Hey, I'm going for HYMS :biggrin:
ANybody know when they started handing out interview invitations last year?

I think, i'm not sure, they should start 8th November onwards when they recieve UKCAT scores. The interview dates are set on specific dates in December and January.

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS form off? I see you have an acknowledgement, and I've heard nothing from any of my unis :smile:
Reply 67
I think, i'm not sure, they should start 8th November onwards when they recieve UKCAT scores. The interview dates are set on specific dates in December and January.

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, when did you send your UCAS form off? I see you have an acknowledgement, and I've heard nothing from any of my unis :smile:

I sent it off on 14th, and I heard back from them the day after :smile:
I applied on the 15th and haven't heard anything either.

Not to worry though, med schools have thousands of applicants and they'll get back to us as soon as they can.

:biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by m0man
I sent it off on 14th, and I heard back from them the day after :smile:

That's kind of worrying as i sent my form off the same day,
Reply 70
That's kind of worrying as i sent my form off the same day,

They did email me, maybe the email found its way into your junk folder? :dontknow:
Reply 71
Original post by conorcd

Original post by conorcd
thanks for the offer. when did they send interview dates out last year? was hoping to avoid track obsession til mid Nov as applied mainly to unis that go by UKCAT but HYMS might start making decisions earlier.

Hey, Last year I got an e-mail on the 1st of December for an interview on the 16th of January
Reply 72
Original post by trektor
Hey, Last year I got an e-mail on the 1st of December for an interview on the 16th of January

right in the middle of exams! bummer!
Reply 73
Original post by conorcd

Original post by conorcd
right in the middle of exams! bummer!

I was fortunate being on a gap year so I didn't have to worry about that but I can imagine how stressful that would be!
Reply 74
Original post by trektor
I was fortunate being on a gap year so I didn't have to worry about that but I can imagine how stressful that would be!

they gave me permission to apply as a resitter and I'm retaking 3 chemistry modules in January so I can have rest of year off! really hope if they interview me I get a December date ( though will be so chuffed just to get interview that won't complain)
Still not had an email about my gap year. I wonder what the difference between emailed people and non emailed people is :s-smilie:...........
Reply 76
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Still not had an email about my gap year. I wonder what the difference between emailed people and non emailed people is :s-smilie:...........

Snap.
Reply 77
Last year I never had an e-mail regarding my gap year that I was on (I did briefly mention it in my PS). However I don't remember hearing of anyone else getting an e-mail regarding this last year.
Reply 78
blimey this is a quiet thread! seeing it as a good thing-we are clearly a small but select group
Original post by conorcd
blimey this is a quiet thread! seeing it as a good thing-we are clearly a small but select group

Agreed :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending