This discussion is closed.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
! :confused:

Personally, I thought in order to plot z=2 you had to create some sort of new fourth dimension so I can't really help you there.

On the upside I think I did well in my economics exam this morning
I actually have a game with my friends about resits which helps soften the blow of a possible bad result....you simply add togehter the total UMS marks for all yor exams and whoever has the most buys everyone else's drinks on results day!!!
p_d33
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
The situation at my college was totally different, people I know were talking about they found it so easy compared to last years. I felt about 2inches tall and wanted to crawl into a hole when we were walking out.

Was your feasible region quite small and in the centre of the graph??? I got 36 and 29.5 but I wasn't really certain. Surely there is a bit of room for inaccuracy because everyone's drawing will have been fractionally different???
People who found that paper easy just say so cos they lack the knowlege to know they did badly.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I actually have a game with my friends about resits which helps soften the blow of a possible bad result....you simply add togehter the total UMS marks for all yor exams and whoever has the most buys everyone else's drinks on results day!!!
lol, i like that one- do you include all attempts at each paper? that would even things up a bit (the super brainy people have 1 very high mark + i have 2 lower marks...)

lou xxx
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by p_d33)
People who found that paper easy just say so cos they lack the knowlege to know they did badly.
You've just offended masses of students at my college....CONGRATS!!!! I've been trying to do that for ages but never quite found the words!!!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
lol, i like that one- do you include all attempts at each paper? that would even things up a bit (the super brainy people have 1 very high mark + i have 2 lower marks...)

lou xxx
You have to include EVERY paper that you take (your fault if you take too many... lol) ...this really screwed me last summer because I came second and the guy who came first would rather set himself on fire than come out drinking so guess who had to get the drinks...
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You have to include EVERY paper that you take (your fault if you take too many... lol) ...this really screwed me last summer because I came second and the guy who came first would rather set himself on fire than come out drinking so guess who had to get the drinks...
drinking underage, i'm appalled... *polishes halo*

lou xxx
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
drinking underage, i'm appalled... *polishes halo*

lou xxx
I was talking about lemonade...lol!!!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I really messed up this exam!! How did you find the last question -linear programming? It was something that I'd revised quite a lot and that I'd done quite a lot on but when it came up in the exam I just didn't know what to do! Luckily, I think everyone else found it quite difficult as well -some people were almost in tears (no exaggeration!)

Only four people were doing the DD1 exam this sitting, and none of us got to this question in time because of the fire alarm going off halfway through.

Apparantly a letter is going to be sent to the exam board, god knows what they'll do though.

The other parts I was fairly happy with though... what rule did you use to allocate the random numbers? Q2.
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[yes 11.1 km was right for the first part of the route inspection however there was a smaller route for the 2nd part, it was 0.7 km shorter, im pretty sure i got 100% on that paper. if i lost marks it was on the definitions. for both prims and kruskals the min length was 18km, for the simplex y was 9 or 7 then the last of tht question u had to divide 63 ( which was the P) by Y( 7 or 9), for linear programming i got c = 25/1/6 or 26/1/6, where x was 3/5/6 and y = 3.5
and the second part of tht p was 32 and x was 8 and y was 4, for the activites were something like 0, 9 and something else, tht total time required to complete the activites ( not in critical time was ) 75 hrs.
the cuts on the 3rd question were 31 26 35
where max flow = min cut so flow = 26,
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
Only four people were doing the DD1 exam this sitting, and none of us got to this question in time because of the fire alarm going off halfway through.

Apparantly a letter is going to be sent to the exam board, god knows what they'll do though.

The other parts I was fairly happy with though... what rule did you use to allocate the random numbers? Q2.
why didnt they just giv u extra time then in order to make up for the stupid fire alarm etc?
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
why didnt they just giv u extra time then in order to make up for the stupid fire alarm etc?
They did, but not enough (IMO). The time lost wasn’t equivalent to the time added on at the end; not only in terms of physical time but interruption of thought trains etc.

I had a splitting headache for the rest of it as well, my desk seemed to be positioned in very close proximity to one of the bells… and they’re damn loud.
boss-dior
Report 16 years ago
second part of tht p was 32 and x was 8 and y was 4,

Mine was x=8.y=3...and two of the four are outside the feasible region.
p_d33
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boss-dior)
second part of tht p was 32 and x was 8 and y was 4,

Mine was x=8.y=3...and two of the four are outside the feasible region.
The answer cant have been x=8 and y=4 cos 2y had to be smaller than x.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are you babbling about? Is it linear programming? Have you done the 'Simplex method' god, I hated that, such a head f*ck!!!!!!!!
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)

That was the simulation question wasn't it? I think I did (for the columns) that every column was allocated a numbers so:

col 1: 0-1 col 2: 2-3..........col 50: 48-49

and for the rows I did a similar thing except for I think you had to use an efficient rule so the numbers only went from 0-89.

Too bad about the fire alarm thing, hopefully the exam board will cut you some slack though.

How come there were only 4 of you doing it? At our sixth form there were 90+ people sitting it!
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That was the simulation question wasn't it? I think I did (for the columns) that every column was allocated a numbers so:

col 1: 0-1 col 2: 2-3..........col 50: 48-49

and for the rows I did a similar thing except for I think you had to use an efficient rule so the numbers only went from 0-89.

Too bad about the fire alarm thing, hopefully the exam board will cut you some slack though.

How come there were only 4 of you doing it? At our sixth form there were 90+ people sitting it!
There are only four people doing Further Maths AS at my school, and there weren't any retakes or first-timers from the upper sixth.

I did a similar thing for the simulation question, I just thought I may have missed something.

What did you find as the relationship between X & M on the family tree network question?
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
There are only four people doing Further Maths AS at my school, and there weren't any retakes or first-timers from the upper sixth.

I did a similar thing for the simulation question, I just thought I may have missed something.

What did you find as the relationship between X & M on the family tree network question?
Which modules are you doing for your ordinary maths A-level then? At our school D1 is included as part of AS Maths because its seen as one of the easier modules (although after yesterday I'm not so sure...).
The entire family tree question annoyed me! It was probably the easiest question on the paper but I made a mistake and didn't realise until I was checking through at the end! Eventually I think I decided that X and M were brothers (I had initially written that they were cousins).
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nope it was definately x = 8 and y = 4 and one of the constraints said y<2x not the other way round so the final profit ( maximum) was 32
hence P = 3x + 2x
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Which modules are you doing for your ordinary maths A-level then? At our school D1 is included as part of AS Maths because its seen as one of the easier modules (although after yesterday I'm not so sure...).
The entire family tree question annoyed me! It was probably the easiest question on the paper but I made a mistake and didn't realise until I was checking through at the end! Eventually I think I decided that X and M were brothers (I had initially written that they were cousins).
Yay, I said brothers too.

Maths AS: P1, M1, S1.
F. Maths AS: D1, S2, P4.

Maths A2: P2, P3, M2.
F. Maths A2: P5, P6, M3.
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive dun my alevels already, this is my gap year, to get into Imperial.and some of my other choices though they asked me during my gap year to do further maths AS, so thts wot im doing,
ive already dun maths, physics and computing and got AAC in them.
this year i have to do D1 D2 and P4.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)