Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm eligible to study:

Neuroscience at Leeds and Biochemistry at Nottingham
    I prefer Nottingham over Leeds, but I would prefer to study neuroscience over biochemistry

What course/uni is better? Which one offers better career prospects

I hope to study medicine/denistry in the future

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna go into post grad medicine I'd imagine biochem to be more useful but, like you, I find neuroscience to be more interesting. I dunno about individual subjects but overall both unis are about equal in terms of 'prestige' and that, if I had to live in one of the two cities it would definitely be Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    prestige won't really play a part if it's a choice between leeds and notts for postgrad, but leeds' location looks more fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    If you wanna go into post grad medicine I'd imagine biochem to be more useful but, like you, I find neuroscience to be more interesting. I dunno about individual subjects but overall both unis are about equal in terms of 'prestige' and that, if I had to live in one of the two cities it would definitely be Leeds.
    Cheers dude BTW i'm lovin the sig, it made me lol

ReputationRep:
    still very confused :/

ReputationRep:
    leeds/nottingham
    neuroscience/biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    I did my undergrad in Human Genetics at Nottingham.

Loved the uni - being on a campus uni like that is amazing. It was so much fun and the shopping & night life is brilliant.

As long as you have a science degree, you can go into medicine or dentistry afterwards. It doesn't really matter what degree it is. What matters is how well you do. With that in mind, I would ALWAYS recommend doing the subject you enjoy most, as that will make it easier to obtain a good degree classification.

But then again, Nottingham is amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gene-ius)
    I did my undergrad in Human Genetics at Nottingham.

Loved the uni - being on a campus uni like that is amazing. It was so much fun and the shopping & night life is brilliant.

As long as you have a science degree, you can go into medicine or dentistry afterwards. It doesn't really matter what degree it is. What matters is how well you do. With that in mind, I would ALWAYS recommend doing the subject you enjoy most, as that will make it easier to obtain a good degree classification.

But then again, Nottingham is amazing
    Thank you! I hope you get a string of offers for dentistry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Thank you! I hope you get a string of offers for dentistry!
    Haha, thanks, so do I!! And good luck making your choices

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.