Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are the cheerleaders at your uni percieved as being like stereotypical American cheerleaders or are English cheerleaders usually a little more down to earth?

Please state which uni you're at.

ReputationRep:
    **** - a girl that sleeps with everyone accept YOU

ReputationRep:
    Do English universities even have cheerleaders?

ReputationRep:
    Kent Uni - they're adorable and I want to be one. Their skirts are just so cute. They're not seen as sluttish at all by anyone I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JGR)
    Do English universities even have cheerleaders?
    Yeah most unis seem to have them now. For example, Warwick's squad(s) seem to be huge which is why I was wondering what peoples' experiences of them were?

ReputationRep:
    I just tried out at Roehampton to be one.
    They don't seem to have a bad reputation at all! In fact quite the opposite, they're seen as good athletes and friendly as far as I can see.

ReputationRep:
    Is it expensive to be a cheerleader?! I'm trying to find a sport I can do at university, as until I get a part-time job my usual sport (horse riding) is going to be way over my budget.

And do novices have to try out? My uni has a 'novice squad' for beginners, but if you're a beginner how do you even try out?! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I am now aiming to be a Uni jock.

HURGH!

ReputationRep:
    Most have Events squads (who do charity and club nights etc, and you need no experience)- and then Competition squads which you try out for and need to be at a higher level or at least show potential and be able to pick things up quickly; and they compete in the BUCS and also at Uni events and things. I think that most people have a neutral opinion, not good or bad really, but then they are fairly new to most AU's!

ReputationRep:
    The cheerleaders at Rhul are apparently right insecure horrible *****es to any other female/society.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.