The Student Room Group

How to get 100 UMS C1

Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do EVERY past paper for the last 10 years and repeat till your getting 100% in every past paper, there will be a few questions that you may not be able to answer, but aslong as your getting 95% and more, you should get a very high ums for your actual exam
Reply 2
I just did loads of past papers and aced it.

To be honest though, it really doesn't matter if you ace it or not. A lot is down to how you feel on the day as well.
I got 97 because I forgot how to transform some graphs.
Do every past paper.
Reply 5
how comes you do it in year 11? im doing my gsce now, but some one the early takers are doing a additonal maths thing that counts as ucas
Reply 6
sendi_12
how comes you do it in year 11? im doing my gsce now, but some one the early takers are doing a additonal maths thing that counts as ucas

I took maths and additional maths in year 10

andthanks for all replies!
Reply 7
Extricated
I took maths and additional maths in year 10

andthanks for all replies!

you must be a clever :smile:, what did you get in that additional course
Reply 8
Get 75/75 and there wont be any doubt
Reply 9
sendi_12
you must be a clever :smile:, what did you get in that additional course

I took 3 gcses, MATHS (A*), Statistics (A*), Additional maths (A*), its not much of a deal really, im sure there are many people who do this. I really want 100 in c1, partly because my friends bets i cant do it lol
Reply 10
Extricated
I took 3 gcses, MATHS (A*), Statistics (A*), Additional maths (A*), its not much of a deal really, im sure there are many people who do this. I really want 100 in c1, partly because my friends bets i cant do it lol

i should of been doing gcse maths last year but no room in the class. does that mean you only do c2 next year?
I got 98 for some reason or other. I still doubt that i actually dropped a mark. Just get 75/75 and hope your examiner isn't a dick :mad:
Well I'm proper dumb at math but did loads of exam papers and got 93 in C1
Obviously you can do lots of papers and whatnot, but I'd say, due to the very high grade boundaries in C1, it'll probably be more down to luck as to whether you get 100 rather than 95+
Reply 14
Revolution is my Name
Obviously you can do lots of papers and whatnot, but I'd say, due to the very high grade boundaries in C1, it'll probably be more down to luck as to whether you get 100 rather than 95+

Yeah, it would seem so, luck seems to play major part.
Reply 15
Answer every question correctly.
Reply 16
Ollie901
I just did loads of past papers and aced it.

To be honest though, it really doesn't matter if you ace it or not. A lot is down to how you feel on the day as well.

Yeah. That's why I missed 100% twice in a row for maths. The advice for OP is check, check and check again as well. I finished the test and slept.
Answer all the questions correctly.
Reply 18
Sleep with OCR granny.
Reply 19
Extricated

Well you remind me of me last year. I got a stupid 4 mark question wrong so I only got 93 when the day before I was on 100.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending