Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody

ReputationRep:
    Do EVERY past paper for the last 10 years and repeat till your getting 100% in every past paper, there will be a few questions that you may not be able to answer, but aslong as your getting 95% and more, you should get a very high ums for your actual exam

ReputationRep:
    I just did loads of past papers and aced it.

To be honest though, it really doesn't matter if you ace it or not. A lot is down to how you feel on the day as well.

ReputationRep:
    I got 97 because I forgot how to transform some graphs.

ReputationRep:
    Do every past paper.

ReputationRep:
    how comes you do it in year 11? im doing my gsce now, but some one the early takers are doing a additonal maths thing that counts as ucas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sendi_12)
    how comes you do it in year 11? im doing my gsce now, but some one the early takers are doing a additonal maths thing that counts as ucas
    I took maths and additional maths in year 10

andthanks for all replies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    I took maths and additional maths in year 10

andthanks for all replies!
    you must be a clever , what did you get in that additional course

ReputationRep:
    Get 75/75 and there wont be any doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sendi_12)
    you must be a clever , what did you get in that additional course
    I took 3 gcses, MATHS (A*), Statistics (A*), Additional maths (A*), its not much of a deal really, im sure there are many people who do this. I really want 100 in c1, partly because my friends bets i cant do it lol

ReputationRep:
    I took 3 gcses, MATHS (A*), Statistics (A*), Additional maths (A*), its not much of a deal really, im sure there are many people who do this. I really want 100 in c1, partly because my friends bets i cant do it lol
    i should of been doing gcse maths last year but no room in the class. does that mean you only do c2 next year?

ReputationRep:
    I got 98 for some reason or other. I still doubt that i actually dropped a mark. Just get 75/75 and hope your examiner isn't a **** :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm proper dumb at math but did loads of exam papers and got 93 in C1

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you can do lots of papers and whatnot, but I'd say, due to the very high grade boundaries in C1, it'll probably be more down to luck as to whether you get 100 rather than 95+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Obviously you can do lots of papers and whatnot, but I'd say, due to the very high grade boundaries in C1, it'll probably be more down to luck as to whether you get 100 rather than 95+
    Yeah, it would seem so, luck seems to play major part.

ReputationRep:
    Answer every question correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie901)
    I just did loads of past papers and aced it.

To be honest though, it really doesn't matter if you ace it or not. A lot is down to how you feel on the day as well.
    Yeah. That's why I missed 100% twice in a row for maths. The advice for OP is check, check and check again as well. I finished the test and slept.

ReputationRep:
    Answer all the questions correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with OCR granny.

ReputationRep:
    Well you remind me of me last year. I got a stupid 4 mark question wrong so I only got 93 when the day before I was on 100.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.