Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to convert raw marks into UMS marks?
    will full raw marks equal full UMS marks?
    or will loosing a couple of marks still be 100UMS?

ReputationRep:
    c1 is piss, i did it in half the designated time and got 93, grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    I got 98 for some reason or other. I still doubt that i actually dropped a mark. Just get 75/75 and hope your examiner isn't a **** :mad:
    I don't mean to be that guy but you definitely did drop a mark at least, possibly 2.

ReputationRep:
    Do loads and loads and loads of past papers really and try give yourself time in the exam to re-check a few questions. There's no secret formula or anything

(though maybe don't listen to me about c1, it's my lowest maths module score so far =(

(Original post by Ollie901)
    I just did loads of past papers and aced it.

To be honest though, it really doesn't matter if you ace it or not. A lot is down to how you feel on the day as well.
    Nosing at your sig - NatSci Pembroke! That's exactly my first choice for UCAS, too =)

ReputationRep:
    I think if you get full marks you get 100%, guaranteed.... But hey it's been a long time since i've done maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandorp)
    c1 is piss, i did it in half the designated time and got 93, grr
    lets be honest though, you dont exactly need time for C1. I did it in something like 40 mins and got 90 .... i had 1 and a half hours to do it so most of my time was spent doodling! ..... OP just do tonnes of past papers, and cover all the material because they always through a random one at the end.

I had revised allllll possible things in C1 but they had to put a very strange question at the end, that on the day, i just couldnt get my head around. sometimes thats the case, sometimes not...... !! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmTheChosenOne)
    There is absolutely no way to convert. The exam boards do it.

E.g. last year I believe there was an M1 exam which was only 49/75 for an A!! :eek: but my FP1 exam this year was 63/75 for an A, so they change a lot according to how well people do on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmTheChosenOne)
    Full raw will always get you full UMS.

Because C1 is so easy, you will usually need full raw to get full UMS.

On harder modules, the raw mark to get an A grade will often be a bit lower, so you can often get full UMS without getting full raw.

ReputationRep:
    Practice, make sure you don't do what I did in my last practice paper and think 3x3 = 6 and 4 x 5 = 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    I took 3 gcses, MATHS (A*), Statistics (A*), Additional maths (A*), its not much of a deal really, im sure there are many people who do this. I really want 100 in c1, partly because my friends bets i cant do it lol
    y u gassin for lol

ReputationRep:
    C1 aqa is relativally straight forward. You are doning the right thing revising alot. I got 100 in c1 by learning everything inside out. Look at past papers near your exam as a final type of revision. And note sometimes they repeat questions[ especially one mark questions].

When you're in the exam write everything about that question you can think of even if you go off the lines, just make sure you finish in good time. Don't just write the bear minimum. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody
    just wandering, u going 2 b doin fm next yr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Full raw will always get you full UMS.

Because C1 is so easy, you will usually need full raw to get full UMS.

On harder modules, the raw mark to get an A grade will often be a bit lower, so you can often get full UMS without getting full raw.
    ahha thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    There is absolutely no way to convert. The exam boards do it.

E.g. last year I believe there was an M1 exam which was only 49/75 for an A!! :eek: but my FP1 exam this year was 63/75 for an A, so they change a lot according to how well people do on them.
    thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Try to find alternative methods to do every question, I found that it only took me 30mins to do the paper first time through so had plenty of time for checking. It worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    Learn the proof for the arithmetic series and do as many past papers as you can. But honestly, if anything is going to catch you out, it'll probably be that. In terms of boosting marks, in my experience past papers are the most useful things. Even if you don't know the actual module too well, you can still get high 90s just by doing those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    y u gassin for lol
    how am i gassin ok fine the add maths mybe but not the rest...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    just wandering, u going 2 b doin fm next yr?
    well im hopingto, even though im not sure how im going to cope especially since i have to do my A2 modules on top of that.

ReputationRep:
    do all the papers from edexcel and the soloman papers as they are much harder and if you can do them, then your sorted. I did only one past paper before the exam and got 89, so if you do all the past papers im sure you'll get 100.

ReputationRep:
    I got 95/100 because there just happened to be a whole ******** of questions on graphs and I forgot to label the axes x and y in every question.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 21, 2014

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.