Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Extricated)
    Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody
    Just do lots of maths.

ReputationRep:
    go and bend the head examiner of edexcel over

ReputationRep:
    i just took C1 last summer, I got 100 UMS , I would suggest doing all the past papers from the year 2000 at least practice each one at least twice and your 100 ums is almost guaranteed!! DOnt worry its not too much of a huge deal!!! x YOU'll BE FINE. You seem clever anyways
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmt)
    I don't mean to be that guy but you definitely did drop a mark at least, possibly 2.
    Meh, my C3 came back as a B when I did it. Got my paper back, loads of working was totally ignored, perfect answers scored 0/3, 1/4 etc.. sent it back immediately and got it remarked and they gave me an A. I don't trust Edexcel examiners :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Who knows, I rarely got less than ~90% in every practice paper and test I did. I came out of the exam first time with 70ums and second time with 87.

ReputationRep:
    100 UMS isnt actually that hard to get

I got it and I'm 100% sure I dropped one or two marks somewhere so its not actually 75/75 I don't think

but honestly all I can say is just carry on doing past papers and hope it works out on the day - most of it does depend on how you feel on the day and the type of questions you get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziedj)
    Meh, my C3 came back as a B when I did it. Got my paper back, loads of working was totally ignored, perfect answers scored 0/3, 1/4 etc.. sent it back immediately and got it remarked and they gave me an A. I don't trust Edexcel examiners :mad:
    Really? Okay I take it back then, that's a disgrace! I thought that was only the case with stuff like history. Maybe I should have got my C3 remarked I did a lot worse than I thought I had.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I got 97, no idea how! Just revise or (if it comes naturally) it'll probably depend on the difficulty of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    how am i gassin ok fine the add maths mybe but not the rest...:p:
    wen i said ur gassin....y u tlking about C1...rememba u already have done a level maths and got an A! very respectable as u did it in y11 but jc did beat u with his A* CLLLLLLL

ReputationRep:
    More importantly in the exam, check your answers and working out, you dont just lose marks because you dont know a question, you also lose marks because of silly mistakes in your working out which gives you the wrong answer, so you get the methods marks but not the accuracy marks. When I done C1 I got 99, I knew where that one mark was lost, I forgot to divide by two to get the final answer even though I properly wrote the working out, it was very silly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmt)
    Really? Okay I take it back then, that's a disgrace! I thought that was only the case with stuff like history. Maybe I should have got my C3 remarked I did a lot worse than I thought I had.
    I should do that for C2. I'm sure I only lost 3 marks yet I got 81%. I hated that exam though.

ReputationRep:
    How do you prepare for when you do all the past papers in c1 and then when the real exam comes they throw a question at you that's put in such a way that it puts you off and you don't know how to answer it.

Is there any method to overcome this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    How do you prepare for when you do all the past papers in c1 and then when the real exam comes they throw a question at you that's put in such a way that it puts you off and you don't know how to answer it.

Is there any method t% o overcome this ?
    That's why I messed up C2. Go to sleep for half an hour when you've finished then check over the question again and do it from the start of the question. If it's a part of the question look at your other answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That's why I messed up C2. Go to sleep for half an hour when you've finished then check over the question again and do it from the start of the question. If it's a part of the question look at your other answers.

In the real exam ??

or just when revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    In the real exam ??

or just when revising
    In the real one. Yeah seriously I was on 96 the day before and it turned to 81. I'm surprised I even got an A that test was crap.
    Most people who get 100% finish the exam in like half the time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    In the real one. Yeah seriously I was on 96 the day before and it turned to 81. I'm surprised I even got an A that test was crap.
    Most people who get 100% finish the exam in like half the time anyway.
    what do u mean, you were on 96 the day before???

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean, you were on 96 the day before???
    96%

ReputationRep:
    96%
    Yeah i know that, but what do you mean you were on 96% the day before, do you mean that you were gaining 96% in past papers the day before? May be a silly question so im sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Practice, make sure you don't do what I did in my last practice paper and think 3x3 = 6 and 4 x 5 = 25

Hahaha know how you feel, I make this type of mistake all the time. This time I am going to make sure to go through each question at a SLOW pace to ensure that I won't make those stupid mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody
    you got 66 duo :////

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 21, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.