Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To get 100 UMS in C1 you pretty much have to hope that you got all your arithmetic right. Your best bet is to meticulously check all your working back.

C1 is one of the harder units to get 100 UMS in, it's a lot easier to get that in C2, for example (imo, that is).

ReputationRep:
    did c1 in june 2014 and got 100 ums-just make sure you do all the past papers(from 2000) which is about 20+ and don't bother too much with the solomons- i got a c a solomon paper the day before the exam and got 75/75 in the real thing!

You will know whether you're capable of getting 100 UMS on a module or not. I didn't get 100 UMS on C1, but I did get 100 UMS on C2.

The biggest advice I can give is to make sure to read the question carefully. In A-level maths, pretty much every single word in the question is important. Also, rounding: I dropped a mark in M1 due to a rounding error. I dropped a mark in C1 due to a rounding error.

If you think you can do something, you usually can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Hi,

Im doing c1 in year 11 , and i am desperate to get 100%. LOL desperate may be too strong a word, but i really want to get 100 UMS, im doing as much revision as i can, but its usually 75/75 for 100 UMS in c1, so im asking if anybody has any advice, i mean i got near 100% in GCSE maths (95%), but i have a terrible habit of missing out crucial marks. Can anybody that achieved this please give me some advice, thanks everybody
    Honestly once you know the content and have practised it, it all comes down to your performance on the day. For my C1 exam (in june 2014) I had practised every single paper that exists and got 75/75 on most of them, but in the real exam I ended up getting 73/75 (96 UMS) due to a very silly error in which I differentiated an integration question. You just have to be thorough and control your nerves on the day. For you I imagine nerves would not be an issue since you're only in year 11 and you can retake next year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 21, 2014

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.