The Student Room Group

Am I doing this right?

I am 5 feet 11 inches tall. Around a month ago, I was 86 kilos and did have a bit of a paunch..though I have a broad frame. Over the past month I've reduced the amount I eat and have also been doing the following at the gym:
45 mins cardio exercise everyday...15 mins each on the treadmill, the stationary bike and the cross trainer. I lose around 550-600 calories everyday based on what the machine tells me.
Also 3 sets of 15 reps each on the lat pulley, the peck deck,tricep pulldown, biceps and also leg extension.
This is followed by 10-15 minutes of abs exercise. Various forms of crunches.
I haven't weighed myself but I plan on doing so tomorrow since I'll be completing one month of working out. What should I expect? If my weight is exactly the same, could it be because I've put on muscle and lost fat as well? Should I change my workout?
Reply 1
Bump bumpity bump bump bump
Reply 2
You lack discipline.
Reply 3
TheBigI
You lack discipline.

What do you mean?
Reply 4
If you gained muscle, you'd know.
Reply 5
I'm confused, you want to lose weight, or gain muscle?
Reply 6
if your eating less, and burning more calories than usual your going to weigh less.
Reply 7
vivamadiba
I am 5 feet 11 inches tall. Around a month ago, I was 86 kilos and did have a bit of a paunch..though I have a broad frame. Over the past month I've reduced the amount I eat and have also been doing the following at the gym:
45 mins cardio exercise everyday...15 mins each on the treadmill, the stationary bike and the cross trainer. I lose around 550-600 calories everyday based on what the machine tells me.
Also 3 sets of 15 reps each on the lat pulley, the peck deck,tricep pulldown, biceps and also leg extension.
This is followed by 10-15 minutes of abs exercise. Various forms of crunches.
I haven't weighed myself but I plan on doing so tomorrow since I'll be completing one month of working out. What should I expect? If my weight is exactly the same, could it be because I've put on muscle and lost fat as well? Should I change my workout?

Firstly this should be in the fitness section.

As for putting on muscle, that will only happen in a calorie surplus (eat more than you use). If you say you're running a 500-600 kcal deficit per day then I'd expect you to be lighter.

And your choice of exercises is not that great. Squat, deadlift, press- that should be the core of your workout and not biceps curls or the pec deck but for more details go to the Fitness boards.

Latest

Trending

Trending