Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some rabid psycho tried to run me over watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was crossing a road today, I was already crossing and a car was like 9 metres further down the road. When he saw me, he deliberately sped up and if I hadn't have ran he would have hit me. He just skimmed me. He then sped off and I shouted numerous ************'s at him.

What a gimp, I hope he tries to run a crossing train over. That'll teach him.

Anyone else experienced this before? Why are we letting apparent smackheads drive cars anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Toke jopic

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, he'll get you next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    Toke jopic
    It's not a ******* joke, I'm serious. He literally tried to hit me.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any proof he's a rabid psycho?!

ReputationRep:
    You know, I think cars are just crazy today. I nearly got ran over twice today because I was crossing a road, then on two occasions, the cars which had stopped at the stop line decided to turn into my road. Some indicators would have been nice! Seriously, I know road position and all that stuff, but when you're just walking across a road, you're not thinking about whether the car which has no indicators on is suddenly going to turn right and attempt to kill you!

ReputationRep:
    I lold so hard at "rabid psycho" :rofl:

Jus be careful the next time if you think a "rabid psycho" is approaching

ReputationRep:
    9 metres? If the road wasnt like... 2 feet wide...

A car doing 30 will do 9 metres in what... less than a second? If you stepped out in front of him you're stupid/cant judge distances.

Pedestrians blindly walking into the road are annoying as **** to drivers and should die to be honest. Natural selection at its best -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    9 metres? If the road wasnt like... 2 feet wide...

A car doing 30 will do 9 metres in what... less than a second? If you stepped out in front of him you're stupid/cant judge distances.

Pedestrians blindly walking into the road are annoying as **** to drivers and should die to be honest. Natural selection at its best -_-
    Obviously I didn't have a tape measure but I was already crossing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Some indicators would have been nice!
    I totally agree with that. So many drivers indicate late so it's not easy to judge when the best time to cross the road is. Normally, if i can make it by running if needed then i just go for it. Not exactly the safest method i'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened to me; this woman stopped to let me cross and when I was in the road she accelerated and bumped me, and then had the cheek to shout at me as she drove off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThinkingThoughts)
    Obviously I didn't have a tape measure but I was already crossing.
    Still man. There is literally no one on the road who will intentionally go out to kill people. These people generally get caught pretty quick once bodies start flying.

But as I said, its stupidly annoying if you know the guy is going to have to slow down because you're crossing a road. Use your eyes and make sure nobody is coming before you step out. Hopefully my post isnt too condescending but likewise, just be considerate to other road users. Dont be a hazard to them cause people rage balls all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssethe)
    Something similar happened to me; this woman stopped to let me cross and when I was in the road she accelerated and bumped me, and then had the cheek to shout at me as she drove off!
    was she mega old? She sounds like a crazy old bat that drives around my area.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    In year 6.
    Was a bus.
    And, it was supposed to hit me.

ReputationRep:
    White van drivers are the worst, possibly racist too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThinkingThoughts)
    Hey,

I was crossing a road today, I was already crossing and a car was like 9 metres further down the road. When he saw me, he deliberately sped up and if I hadn't have ran he would have hit me. He just skimmed me. He then sped off and I shouted numerous ************'s at him.

What a gimp, I hope he tries to run a crossing train over. That'll teach him.

Anyone else experienced this before? Why are we letting apparent smackheads drive cars anyway?
    Some drivers are just dicks, this happens to me every now and then - you look both ways, no car in sight and cross, then a car bombs out of NOWHERE and yells at YOU when you were there first.
    There are ever bigger tossers who stop for you and then start or speed up (if they're a fair way away) probably just to try to make you run.

And then you get people who see you trying to cross the road and they make sure they go too fast for you to cross but make sure it takes ages for them to go past and waste your time.

Some drivers just think they're the only people with places to go :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Systematic Psycho)
    I totally agree with that. So many drivers indicate late so it's not easy to judge when the best time to cross the road is. Normally, if i can make it by running if needed then i just go for it. Not exactly the safest method i'm sure.
    They defintatly didn't even indicate late though. It was at a crossroads, and they had to stop at a stop sign. Then I thought "oh, that car must be going straight forward since its stopped and not put any indicators on" so crossed the road. Then nearly got hit, AND got beeped at.

Drivers are crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    They defintatly didn't even indicate late though. It was at a crossroads, and they had to stop at a stop sign. Then I thought "oh, that car must be going straight forward since its stopped and not put any indicators on" so crossed the road. Then nearly got hit, AND got beeped at.

Drivers are crazy
    There needs to be a pedestrian horn, so when a stupid driver beeps then you can beep back, preferably louder. :cool:
    Stupid drivers are certainly plentiful.. some can't help it though.. especially if they are old and can't see over the steering wheel.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when you're walking on the pavement and a car speeds pass, and some charvers honk their honk and shout something at you. Happens a lot where I live, I tend to just swear at them back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Do you have any proof he's a rabid psycho?!
    I envisage most people who try to run pedestrians over to not only foam at the mouth but also be a bit
    http://chatroulettegifs.com/black_guy_eating_cereal.gif

(No, not black for all those busy bodies - just a bit mental yeah? Nothing to do with skin colour ffs - Why do I even feel obliged to say that? Sad society we live in)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.