Turn on thread page Beta

how to overcome insecurities? watch

Announcements

Im feeling really low at the moment because ive realised all my insecurities are all because of 1 thing, im really ugly, literally hideous and to prove this point, yesterday when i was working on a till, 2 customers came up to order and as i was serving them, im sure the boy said to his mum "dosen't she look like a man" while laughing, not even bothering to make sure i didnt hear , ive always been insecure abut my appearance and i try to make sure i look the best i can, i go to the gym regularly (so my body is very toned) and get haircuts, wear make up etc... but i still fell absolutely awful, because no matter what i do i must still look really ugly, i try not to listen to what other people say about me, but it still hurts whenever i hear a rude comment, i would never be that insensitive towards someone, yet people say things to me/about me without a care in the world, i just feel really crap at the moment and would love to not care about what people think about the way i look, but i do and it really hurts....

ReputationRep:
    Threads like this make me realise I'm truly blessed to be sexy and gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)

HAHAHAHAHA! Lulz.

Just ignore.
    You cant change what you are, so just learn to love what you go.

ReputationRep:
    same here bro

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel except that girls seem to claim I'm pretty and random men give me looks sometimes but I'm invisible to boys in my college.

ReputationRep:
    relax ure not that bad believe me i know i've seen you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You should blame your parents.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard but you should just ignore people that make fun out of you for superficial things. They're not really worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    You're being ironic, right?

OP, just ignore and deal with it as best you can. Not worth getting worked up over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    You're being ironic, right?

OP, just ignore and deal with it as best you can. Not worth getting worked up over.
    Erm no.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore them OP. The people who have said that are just bored and have no life that they even have time to comment on your looks.

ReputationRep:
    Erm no.
    Oh :erm:

Then perhaps invest in a new mirror?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    Oh :erm:

Then perhaps invest in a new mirror?
    I think anyone will come out bad with a 1.3MP camera in the dark tbh. I know I'm sexy lol and so do most girls in my sixth form lmao ! The reason I'm arrogant is because loads of girls call me sexy, if they didn't I'd just be ermm a loser who's not confident

ReputationRep:
    Post pics, then we can tell you whether your insecurity is justified.

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone will come out bad with a 1.3MP camera in the dark tbh. I know I'm sexy lol and so do most girls in my sixth form lmao ! The reason I'm arrogant is because loads of girls call me sexy, if they didn't I'd just be ermm a loser who's not confident
    Get a better camera :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a prick but life's a ***** so you must get on well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    You sound like a prick but life's a ***** so you must get on well.
    Yeah I only sound like one...

ReputationRep:
    You can either accept yourself OR get cosmetic surgery (doesn't always work).

But remember this: you are who you are. People who love you will accept you and see the positives. Don't continue to allow your self-perception to hold you back. You can do anything once you set your mind to it. Be all that YOU can be and realize that the world is filled with cruelty...not everyone will see the positives in you because they have insecurities of their own. You have to learn to see the positive attributes you do possess, and work with what you have. I compare myself to others constantly but I still try to be the personal best that I can be.

Good Luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.