Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Weirdest medical thing you've ever seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    No offence of course to anyone affected but this is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen. People born without brains.

Anencephaly

what else have people got to offer?

ReputationRep:
    OMG, it looks like a frog (in the face) :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    :lotwut: reminds me of a naked teenage mutant ninja turtle haha.

ReputationRep:
    weeeeeeird

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh ******* hell! That picture scared the **** outta me.

Moving on, one of the weirdest things I've ever seen was a naked black guy walking towards me as I walked down my road at 3am who then proceeded to ask me for directions and do a little dance. He then explained that he had been locked out :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    this definitely isn't the weirdest, but it's the most interesting.. really bad oedema, i was holding a patient while helping with a bedbath and i removed my hand to see a massive handprint.. it was like a memory foam mattress but so much more defined and it stayed there for ages :|

ReputationRep:
    damnnn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaD96)
    OMG, it looks like a frog (in the face) :teehee:
    Yeah....it's not really that funny.

ReputationRep:
    Saw a 15 year old kid with 4 kidneys getting a renal transplant =/

ReputationRep:
    Elephantiasis

ReputationRep:

Harlequin's. Imagine having eyes like cherry soothers. Bad times

ReputationRep:
    Harlequin Ichthyosis.

ReputationRep:
    I have been at anatomy museum when I was at school. If I don't mistake it's somewhere at Moscow center. They have a good collection of human heads in glass jars.
    But there are such a place at Peterburg which I avoid most of all. Kunstcamera. Peter the Great collected weird dead-born childs all over the Europe and placed them in glass jars. So now there are a lot of human kind monsters of 17-18th centuries. He paid a lot of money to get such a collection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)

Harlequin's. Imagine having eyes like cherry soothers. Bad times
    *******. too late.

ReputationRep:
    The resemblance to a famous figure is uncanny but it's still a baby.....so kindly STFU.

What happens to such individuals if anyone knows?

Wow i'm speechless at all these cases. Its really sad and unfortunate. God bless them

ReputationRep:
    It really is sad to see such cases, I agree.
    But it's the raw nature of genetics and biology. Mutations occur, and that's what happens.

ReputationRep:
    how horrible makes you sorta feel lucky for what you've got...

ReputationRep:
    There are many interesting halls at Kunstcamera, but I try to avoid this place just for this hall.
    http://www.google.ru/images?hl=ru&ne...w=1146&bih=638

ReputationRep:
    there was this programme on tv a while ago, weirdest things removed from the human body or something and number one, was this man has his twin dead inside of him (still foetus/baby size). that was really disturbing, he was like 30s :|

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.