Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoonerKaz)
    Craven was a ****. Everybody bought into what he said. He was essentially a motivational speaker and a perv. Made me sick listening to him while everybody else drooled over the **** he was coming out with.
    Some of the things he said last year were really pervy, I just remember him making innuendos all the time, not appropriate when he's like 60 and every listening is 17 max o.O

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh! I'm so annoyed I met this really nice girl that I got along great with she was funny smart and pretty and I was going to ask her for her number at the end but I was kind of scared because her friend was evil and when I approached her her friend scared me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    What kind of ****ty 'big' music concert costs only 50 quid? :lolwut:
    mot sure what you mean, most mid level festivals on efestival.co.uk cost you £50 or a weekend, or a day pass at a bigger one for £50. an example would be the very decent hop farm fest this summer for £50 a day.

i think your point is not just fail, but negative fail, if you are spending £250 on medsim, since that would buy you two weekend tickets at major festivals.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    i think your point is not just fail, but negative fail, if you are spending £250 on medsim, since that would buy you two weekend tickets at major festivals.
    There's a positive fail?

Probably not. Leeds cost me £200 odd this year with Early Bird.

But I get your point.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i've just got back (on wednesday) what did you all think of it, and do you still want to be a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    do you?

ReputationRep:
    Why would it change your mind? Medlink doesn't do anything to show you what medicine, or even studying medicine, is like.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Why would it change your mind? Medlink doesn't do anything to show you what medicine, or even studying medicine, is like.
    What about the nights on the lash in Nottingham city centre? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    What about the nights on the lash in Nottingham city centre? :p:
    I suppose in Notts you're more likely than any other city to see what it's like trying to deal with violent drunk people.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I suppose in Notts you're more likely than any other city to see what it's like trying to deal with violent drunk people.
    I take offence to that.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm having been 'brought up' on nights out in Nottingham, it seems very tame in comparison to Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    you are only really going to go to the safe places anyway, theres no way you'd get a real night out in nottingham without some prior knowledge from a local adult. the truth is that you'd have a better night out staying at home where you know a bit more about the area, so that argument for going to medsim is also very fail.

man, most 1st years at notts still havent had a real night out in nottingham by the time they sit the winter exams.

ReputationRep:
    you are only really going to go to the safe places anyway, theres no way you'd get a real night out in nottingham without some prior knowledge from a local adult. the truth is that you'd have a better night out staying at home where you know a bit more about the area, so that argument for going to medsim is also very fail.

man, most 1st years at notts still havent had a real night out in nottingham by the time they sit the winter exams.
    I'm not going to disagree with you. Do you fancy sharing a decent route for a real night out?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Unlike Fission_Mailed, I am gonna disagree. Utter crap. Nottingham is so compact an idiot could stumble around and end up in a few good bars.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys jus got back stayed from 15th

TBH the guy who does the introduction and the liking and sexual parts seemed like an actuall peadophile loool i didn't find his jokes funny but instead found his tie funny as it seemed to extend all the way down to his crotch

Also hardly went to any lectures and the ones i did go to found them borrrring

Medlink is rubbish but is GREAT to make new friends - if you go to learn you will DEFINATELY be disappointed

It definately is a money making scheme-
    They try to persuade you to buy tickets for the edge
    GP'S try to persuade you to buy there books

---- Hugh stuart hall (look for the used condoms)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    All my anger to do with MedSim is only because I didn't think of the brilliant money-maker first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzyA)

TBH the guy who does the introduction and the liking and sexual parts seemed like an actuall peadophile loool i didn't find his jokes funny but instead found his tie funny as it seemed to extend all the way down to his crotch

Medlink is rubbish but is GREAT to make new friends - if you go to learn you will DEFINATELY be disappointed

Oh you're cool. :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colabottles)
    Oh you're cool. :closedeyes:
    :clap2: This thread is cracking me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzyA)

Erm, yeah mate the condom bit is bull****. Don't flatter yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I...loved Medlink - it really helped=\

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.