Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I think he likes me but he's so shy. watch

Announcements

There's this guy in Yr 13 that i think likes me. I'm in Yr 12. I've caught him staring at me a couple of times from a distance. When i get closer he slinks off. He's never spoken to me before and i think he's shy. Like the other day i was walking with a friend who knows him. My friend greeted him and made small talk but he didn't talk much. He was beside me and he gave me one really quick look.

I'm just curious to know if these are signs that he likes me. If he does like me what should i do because he's not likely to approach me. Please any advice/opinions will be appreciated. Thanks

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like textbook 'shyness around those you find attractive', I'm afraid you'll have to make the first move with this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Make the first move dammit. I'm exactly like this around girls I like and always WISH they would make the first move.

Well if you want to know why don't you try and add him on facebook/msn and speak to him on there to try and "break the ice" that way he'll be more likely to speak at school.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. If you have observed him being chatty and relatively 'not shy' around his friends, but he is shy around you, it's pretty safe to say that he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Four words. Make the first move. Even if he wasn't shy, if you like him, still make the first move. Don't ever expect a guy to do it. Shyness and confidence has nothing to do with gender. Both guys and girls can make first moves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    Make the first move dammit. I'm exactly like this around girls I like and always WISH they would make the first move.
    wow is this true? Elaborate please.
    I get abit disheartened when a guy I like stares at me but dosent talk, It makes me paranoid

ReputationRep:
    Do you know him, do you like him?, I'm in a position like that at the moment, I like someone a lot, but I'm not the kind of person who just goes swanning up yelling, what's up yeah, I really like you- hey hang on a minute, would you like to go out, I keep my distance, never getting too close , never appearing too interested, oh yeah I can be myself - to almost everyone else, but I dunno whenever I see her, I run. So he could be like that, just shy- give him time and he'll build up the courage to talk, I know -cos somehow I managed it. On ze other hand he may just be a complete psycho, in which case run, just run - or at the very least observe his behaviour discretely -if he seems a little bit agrressive, then back off -pack your bags and get out of there

(Original post by Flibbles)
    Indeed. If you have observed him being chatty and relatively 'not shy' around his friends, but he is shy around you, it's pretty safe to say that he likes you.
    He seems chatty around his friends. So what do i do? Should i just walk up to him and start a conversation. What do i say? I sound so stupid:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_george)
    wow is this true? Elaborate please.
    I get abit disheartened when a guy I like stares at me but dosent talk, It makes me paranoid
    He wants you to initiate a convo with him

ReputationRep:
    If you go up to him, then that's it he doesn't have to do anything, only if your feeling very desperate or runnig out of chances, do you ever ever go up to him- if he's in year 13 then he needs to grow up, doesn't he, heck I'm in the same yea r as him, and I went up to a girl and I almost died , it almost killed me to get the courage to go up to her and her friends and say hi- it's a nightmare.He needs to grow up

(Original post by nitez)
    What do I say to him? just say hi, introduce myself and ask his name? then what?:o:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well if you want to know why don't you try and add him on facebook/msn and speak to him on there to try and "break the ice" that way he'll be more likely to speak at school.
    Wouldn't he think i am a stalker if i added him on facebook considering i've never actually spoken to him before?

ReputationRep:
    He seems chatty around his friends. So what do i do? Should i just walk up to him and start a conversation. What do i say? I sound so stupid:/
    Find out what he likes and talk to him about it. I can guarantee that he won't think you sound stupid as he'll be too shy to notice.
    Once he gets the idea that you like him, he'll come around to it and be more chatty I'm sure of it.

If he gives you short and sweet answers, just drag more out of him- it's the shyness.

I know this because I used to be just like him, and I still am to some degree.
    I'm the most outspoken, sarcastic little **** you'll ever meet but put someone I find attractive in front of me, and it all goes out the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lord of penguins)
    If you go up to him, then that's it he doesn't have to do anything, only if your feeling very desperate or runnig out of chances, do you ever ever go up to him- if he's in year 13 then he needs to grow up, doesn't he, heck I'm in the same yea r as him, and I went up to a girl and I almost died , it almost killed me to get the courage to go up to her and her friends and say hi- it's a nightmare.He needs to grow up
    Shut up. You realize she likes him as well right? And she's not shy, it's 2010 ffs women can approach guys too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't he think i am a stalker if i added him on facebook considering i've never actually spoken to him before?
    lmao u must be desperate, u have got a whole year ahead move on with other things, jesus

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. What the hell? If the girl I liked added me on facebook i'd be like this:

:woo: :eek3: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I have practically the same problem, OP :mad: I have no advice really but you are not alone :five:

(Original post by Flibbles)
    Find out what he likes and talk to him about it. I can guarantee that he won't think you sound stupid as he'll be too shy to notice.
    Once he gets the idea that you like him, he'll come around to it and be more chatty I'm sure of it.

If he gives you short and sweet answers, just drag more out of him- it's the shyness.

I know this because I used to be just like him, and I still am to some degree.
    I'm the most outspoken, sarcastic little **** you'll ever meet but put someone I find attractive in front of me, and it all goes out the window.
    Great advice. Thanks a lot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.