Turn on thread page Beta

I think he likes me but he's so shy. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    He wants you to initiate a convo with him
    Yes but traditionally girls would not do this and I know the majority of girs are in keeping with this; and this is pretty much apparent in society tbf. So why would it be different for a guy who isnt even giving off any obvious signals?

ReputationRep:
    he doesn't like you bimbo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_george)
    Yes but traditionally girls would not do this and I know the majority of girs are in keeping with this; and this is pretty much apparent in society tbf. So why would it be different for a guy who isnt even giving off any obvious signals?
    What year are we living in again?

Was my time machine a success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    What year are we living in again?

Was my time machine a success?
    I hate when people reply with moronic things like this, OBVIOUSLY men appraoch women more than vice versa, its the social norm. Im not saying it should be, or that it will always be like this, Im just saying its the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    I hate when people reply with moronic things like this, OBVIOUSLY men appraoch women more than vice versa, its the social norm. Im not saying it should be, or that it will always be like this, Im just saying its the way it is.
    Well what the hell do you want me to say then? He's not going to start a convo with you because he's too shy, so you're either going to have to do it or just forget about him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Girl, omg. If you like someone then just approach him it doesn't make a bloody difference who makes the first move- life is too short to be guessing and one day you might think What IF...

ReputationRep:
    Shut up. You realize she likes him as well right?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I never said she couldn't go up to him, if he thinks he can just sit back and wait for her to talk to him, then trust me , he'll think he's irresistible , and probably take up the next offer that comes along, I've seen it before with my mates - he needs to ask himself is she worth it, if he thinks she is then he will say hi- but she cannot make him feel as if he is the one being hunted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lord of penguins)
    Shut up. You realize she likes him as well right?
    I never said she couldn't go up to him, if he thinks he can just sit back and wait for her to talk to him, then trust me , he'll think he's irresistible , and probably take up the next offer that comes along, I've seen it before with my mates - he needs to ask himself is she worth it, if he thinks she is then he will say hi- but she cannot make him feel as if he is the one being hunted
    He doesn't think like that though (I dont at least and I'm exactly like him)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Girl, omg. If you like someone then just approach him it doesn't make a bloody difference who makes the first move- life is too short to be guessing and one day you might think What IF...
    Yeah I guess you're right, but that wasnt what i was asking, I just wanted to know why if guys know it is the social norm for them to appraoach the girls, why do they expect the girl to be abnormal and take it upon herself to do the chasing. idk .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess you're right, but that wasnt what i was asking, I just wanted to know why if guys know it is the social norm for them to appraoach the girls, why do they expect the girl to be abnormal and take it upon herself to do the chasing. idk .
    They DON'T expect that. Where you even coming up with these conclusions?

ReputationRep:
    You know you have to make the first move, shy guys never have the guts . Its like make the first move or its a dead end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    Make the first move dammit. I'm exactly like this around girls I like and always WISH they would make the first move.
    They will, when they are told that you are not the child of some lecturer and are actually a man. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    They will, when they are told that you are not the child of some lecturer and are actually a man. Maybe.
    WTF are you talking about, idiot?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and I'm like him too, I just have the common courtesy to actually chase the girl and then ask them out, I'm a bloke it's what blokes do , and guess what, if she says no- though come on , it flamin well doesn't look like it does it- then she says no, big deal move on and she might feel impressed with his courage even , that's what happened to a girl I asked out, and she said no- but then she spent ages trying to ask me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    WTF are you talking about, idiot?
    Speak clearer, i don't understand the language of dwarfs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lord of penguins)
    Yeah and I'm like him too, I just have the common courtesy to actually chase the girl and then ask them out, I'm a bloke it's what blokes do , and guess what, if she says no- though come on , it flamin well doesn't look like it does it- then she says no, big deal move on and she might feel impressed with his courage even , that's what happened to a girl I asked out, and she said no- but then she spent ages trying to ask me out
    And how long did it take you to build up the courage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    They DON'T expect that. Where you even coming up with these conclusions?
    'Originally Posted by nitez
    He wants you to initiate a convo with him'

ReputationRep:
    To build up the courage to talk to her you mean?????
    2-4 weeks and I'm not boasting cos blimey that's a long time- one day I just sat in the canteen , I thought of a really bad thing that had happened to me in the past , then I just got cold and I dunno ruthless and I thought F99K THIS!!!! so I got up went over , stood there said hi could I have a word . Quivering like a leaf- she said no looked at me like I was an idiot and then I just didn't look bothered -walked slowly away and then ran as as fast as I could , but at least i did it and it felt like a whole weight off my mind - cos I had nothing to care or worry about

ReputationRep:
    'Originally Posted by nitez
    He wants you to initiate a convo with him'
    He'd be over the moon if it happened but it doesnt mean he EXPECTS you to do it.

Everyday I say:

"Okay, today is the day where I muster up the courage to talk to her"

but then when I actually come in contact with her its a different story.

I'd do anything for her to come and talk to me first but I dont EXPECT her to do it whatsoever. In-fact I think the exact opposite.

ReputationRep:
    First things first, Do you find him attractive? if you dont there is no point in leading the guy on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.