Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and a few friends are looking to book a holiday in July/August next year to Greece, Spain or somewhere else hot for relaxing and some drinking. I'm just wondering which places would you recommend and who should I book with?
    Thanks for any advice

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Go to your local travel agent, see what they recommend and have a look in the windows.

ReputationRep:
    Get some brochures from a travel agent to start with. Decide on a resort you want to go to and then research deals online.

You cant really go wrong with a greek island - depends what you want out of a holiday. Are you going to have a mental time with your mates? Or a more relaxing time with a few drinks of an evening?

ReputationRep:
    Never mind, thanks for the help but the travel agents told us no one will accept us as we're 17 when we go

ReputationRep:
    Travel Republic? I went to Barcelona for 3 days for less than £200 (4* hotel in the centre, plus flights) with some mates. But, we were 18, so it was all fine-and-dandy. It is, however, so very cheap as a site. We were going to go to Finland last summer, just because of how absurdly cheap it was to find a good hotel. Maybe it's better for 'city breaks' though, as I've never used it for a lads' holiday...

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you would like to fly from? If you are planning on flying from Luton then I would recommend Luton Airport website for good deals on flights and accomodation rather than going through a travel agent. They have regular flights to Greece and Spain with budget airlines. Flights are available up to 6 months in advance. Here's the link if you wanted to check it out: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/holidays/#361

Claire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire2010)
    It depends where you would like to fly from? If you are planning on flying from Luton then I would recommend Luton Airport website for good deals on flights and accomodation rather than going through a travel agent. They have regular flights to Greece and Spain with budget airlines. Flights are available up to 6 months in advance. Here's the link if you wanted to check it out: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/holidays/#361

Claire
    What's your policies on 17 year olds/under 18s?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of flying there is no restrictions with under 18's boarding a flight. The issue that maybe the travel agents may have is with accomodation. When booking accomodation you are sometimes asked for your age and you need to be over 18. I would check with the hotel/hostel directly. You may be able to find accomodation where you can stay regardless of your age.

Claire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.