Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to book a cheap holiday watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and a few friends are looking to book a holiday in July/August next year to Greece, Spain or somewhere else hot for relaxing and some drinking. I'm just wondering which places would you recommend and who should I book with?
    Thanks for any advice

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Go to your local travel agent, see what they recommend and have a look in the windows.

ReputationRep:
    Get some brochures from a travel agent to start with. Decide on a resort you want to go to and then research deals online.

You cant really go wrong with a greek island - depends what you want out of a holiday. Are you going to have a mental time with your mates? Or a more relaxing time with a few drinks of an evening?

ReputationRep:
    Never mind, thanks for the help but the travel agents told us no one will accept us as we're 17 when we go

ReputationRep:
    Travel Republic? I went to Barcelona for 3 days for less than £200 (4* hotel in the centre, plus flights) with some mates. But, we were 18, so it was all fine-and-dandy. It is, however, so very cheap as a site. We were going to go to Finland last summer, just because of how absurdly cheap it was to find a good hotel. Maybe it's better for 'city breaks' though, as I've never used it for a lads' holiday...

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you would like to fly from? If you are planning on flying from Luton then I would recommend Luton Airport website for good deals on flights and accomodation rather than going through a travel agent. They have regular flights to Greece and Spain with budget airlines. Flights are available up to 6 months in advance. Here's the link if you wanted to check it out: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/holidays/#361

Claire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire2010)
    It depends where you would like to fly from? If you are planning on flying from Luton then I would recommend Luton Airport website for good deals on flights and accomodation rather than going through a travel agent. They have regular flights to Greece and Spain with budget airlines. Flights are available up to 6 months in advance. Here's the link if you wanted to check it out: http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/holidays/#361

Claire
    What's your policies on 17 year olds/under 18s?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of flying there is no restrictions with under 18's boarding a flight. The issue that maybe the travel agents may have is with accomodation. When booking accomodation you are sometimes asked for your age and you need to be over 18. I would check with the hotel/hostel directly. You may be able to find accomodation where you can stay regardless of your age.

Claire

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.