Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm a bit confused about university fees.
    I'm sending my UCAS off to apply for 2011 but I don't really get how it'll all be paid for.
    I'm pretty sure I could get financial help because my dad doesn't earn a lot of money, I just don't know where this financial help will come from.
    Do I have to apply for it?
    Etc, etc...

    You apply to Student Finance England (assuming England is where you live).

    Everyone gets a basic maintenance loan and everyone gets a tuition fee loan. Depending on your family income, you can get more maintenance loan and/or a grant. There are also bursaries available directly from universities which you don't apply for, they just assess whether you're eligible from your application to student finance.

    Read this:


    Usually applications start around/just after Christmas. It's really quite a simple process; you fill in a form, your parents provide details of their income and evidence to prove it, and they sort out what money you're entitled to. If it looks confusing though, it's best to use the paper form as it's all in one form and has notes to help you fill it in correctly and make sure you send the correct evidence off.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.