The Student Room Group

Should I go after her?

Background: was in a club on monday, met a very nice girl there and we hit it off straight away, had good chemistry, it progressed into a rather long and passionate make out session on the middle of the dancefloor which was unfortunately-but-comicly ended by my inability to control my expulsion of flatulence.

Tragic and all I know, but I feel I learned enough about the girl from chatting to her and my friend (who coincedentally is her next-door neighbour) to put myself on a "say hello in the street cuz it's the only time you'll meet" level with her and by chance I found her facebook page via my friend/her neighbour's wall.

So, should I add her? Bearing in mind we parted in embarassing circumstances on monday and any attraction might've been inflated by alcohol, so I could just be wasting my time and my dignity? Or are the brave indeed favoured by fortune meaning I should man up and find out?

Also, I realize this gives off the impression that I'm a somewhat-desperate over-enthusiastic socially awkward internet stalker (and to some extent I am) but honestly, if you haven't got any advice to say could you please spare me any nastiness? I can handle abuse, but it just seems utterly pointless for anyone to comment on this just to fling crap at me.

Cheers guys.
Can't you get this friend of yours to play Cupid?
And yes go for it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I say "friend" but they are more like an acquaintance I see regularly, I think they'd be a bit uncomfortable having to act in some clumsy wingman role.

I'm normally not this indecisive but I fear by adding her on facebook before seeing her again in person might make me come over as rather overbearing but by the same token I am not sure when (if at all) I might see her again, so it's better to get my foot in the door so to speak?

I hate being neurotic.
Reply 3
do ittttttt!
you don't have much to lose?
if she turns you down, don't tell anyone:wink:
no-one needs to know haha
Al_Funcoot

Also, I realize this gives off the impression that I'm a somewhat-desperate over-enthusiastic socially awkward internet stalker (and to some extent I am) but honestly, if you haven't got any advice to say could you please spare me any nastiness? I can handle abuse, but it just seems utterly pointless for anyone to comment on this just to fling crap at me.

Cheers guys.

Sorry it took me so long to reply OP...

I was too busy filling up my catapult with crap.
Reply 5
Al_Funcoot
Background: was in a club on monday, met a very nice girl there and we hit it off straight away, had good chemistry, it progressed into a rather long and passionate make out session on the middle of the dancefloor which was unfortunately-but-comicly ended by my inability to control my expulsion of flatulence.

Tragic and all I know, but I feel I learned enough about the girl from chatting to her and my friend (who coincedentally is her next-door neighbour) to put myself on a "say hello in the street cuz it's the only time you'll meet" level with her and by chance I found her facebook page via my friend/her neighbour's wall.

So, should I add her? Bearing in mind we parted in embarassing circumstances on monday and any attraction might've been inflated by alcohol, so I could just be wasting my time and my dignity? Or are the brave indeed favoured by fortune meaning I should man up and find out?

Cheers guys.

dude, definately go after her!! if she rejects you then at least you've tried, right?
what's the worst that could happen? :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Go get her :smile:
Reply 7
well I suppose "the incident" isn't that bad if I look back on it and laugh about it :smile:
Reply 8
Well it's Friday, you've given it a few days so maybe add her this weekend. Then wait til next week before saying Hi :smile:

You seem so sweet :smile: I wish a guy put the time and effort into finding my facebook and saying hi to me in the street.
Reply 9
Al_Funcoot

Cheers guys.

yeh, **** it, go for it, what you got to lose? bit of pride but alot to gain
Reply 10
jenny.chu
Well it's Friday, you've given it a few days so maybe add her this weekend. Then wait til next week before saying Hi :smile:

You seem so sweet :smile: I wish a guy put the time and effort into finding my facebook and saying hi to me in the street.

Really? I thought finding people of the opposite on facebook after a one-off meeting was a social taboo, due to the many similarities to "head hunting"
Reply 11
Al_Funcoot
Really? I thought finding people of the opposite on facebook after a one-off meeting was a social taboo, due to the many similarities to "head hunting"

No way! Jeeez what world to we live in. If someone gets arsy because they got a request then they need to crawl back to their mummy and daddy.
Reply 12
Go for it.

What's the worst that can happen?
Reply 13
jenny.chu
No way! Jeeez what world to we live in. If someone gets arsy because they got a request then they need to crawl back to their mummy and daddy.
It's dangerous to be attractive on the internet these days :P
Reply 14
Al_Funcoot

Cheers guys.

Yes definitely - what have you got to lose? And at least you've got the whole farting issue over and done with at an early stage in the relationship!
Reply 15
Al_Funcoot
It's dangerous to be attractive on the internet these days :P

I wouldn't know, but I'm sure it is to an extent..:confused:
You'll never know unless you try, so go for it.
And it would show her that you are actually interested in her after all that 'hitting off straight away and chemistry'.
(edited 13 years ago)
You may have met on embarassing circumstances, however just add her. Love is a mysterious thing that works in many ways. If you don't add her she will probably just go off with someone else leaving you feeling melancholy by the fact you don't have her so yes, I advise you to add her.

If you do add her and it emerges into a relationship good luck =]
Reply 18
Update: Sent her a friend request on friday, still awaiting confirmation. And I saw her in my SU bar today! She was surrounded by her friends though so I didn't go up and say hi :frown:
Reply 19
New update: am giving up on her and moving onto someone else. No love lost I suppose.

Latest

Trending

Trending